Now's the time for a Sonneteer DAC ?!

Alco

Now's the time for a Sonneteer DAC ?!
« on: 24 Jul 2014, 06:27 am »
Hello Haider and all Sonneteer enthusiasts,

First, I'd like to apologize if this has been mentioned by me before. (somehow I think I did, I just don't recall when/where)

In this age of multiple digital sources (despite the vinyl revival that's been blooming for some years now), where streaming products seem to become the successor of the good ol' CD-player, I think that a good quality stand-alone DAC would be very welcome for many people.

Obviously, there are plenty of great DAC's to choose from, but still... no Sonneteer.
I know Sonneteer once had a DAC, called the Dryden, which I think was more or less build around the dac section of the wonderful Byron CD-player. (if memory serves me well)

So,...just wondering... wouldn't it be a good time to come up with a new Sonneteer DAC, mkII ?  :)

Kind regards,
Alco

haiderSonneteer

• Industry Participant
  • Managing Director and Founder at Sonneteer
    • Sonneteer, made in Britain since 1994
Re: Now's the time for a Sonneteer DAC ?!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2014, 01:44 pm »
mmmmmmay be ;-)

Things are brewing. can't say exactly how we will skin this cat yet but we will keep everyone posted.

Haider
sonneteer.co.uk

Alco

« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2015, 11:45 am »
This morning I was doing some daydreaming and just tried to turn it into something more visual.

As I mentioned earlier I think it would be very nice and logical to add a Sonneteer DAC to the program, but...
Wouldn't it also be nice (perhaps even nicer) to have a Sonneteer streaming device ? (obvously in the classic casework)

I was thinking something like this, where most functions would be accessible through an Android/IOS control app:

(it might never see the day of light, but o well... it's always nice to have some wishes and dreams, eh)  :wink:

haiderSonneteer

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2015, 12:55 pm »
Beautiful. But why do you need a display? ;-)

Patience my boy

Haider
sonneteer.co.uk

Alco

« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2015, 05:57 pm »
Beautiful. But why do you need a display?
Well, actually... I don't really need a display, (or physical buttons for that matter) as most (if not all) functions are much more comfortable to control from the display of an Iphone/pod/pad, tablet, but... perhaps for those who'd also like to be able to control it by a good ol' IR remote.
(phone/tablet battery's run empty quite fast, so when they have to be reloaded again, one could still operate the unit with an iR remote)

Patience my boy
I'm doing my best Haider. Mostly, patience and me don't get along too well though.  :wink:
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2015, 08:37 pm by Alco »

Roman

« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2015, 09:26 pm »
Maybe DAC with a headphone amplifier?  :wink:

Roman

haiderSonneteer

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:48 pm »
Maybe..who knows?!

:-)

Haider
sonneteer.co.uk