Power Supply for MacBook Pro

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
Power Supply for MacBook Pro
« on: 31 Jul 2017, 05:24 pm »
 musiclinear.com

Let me know if interested in an audition for review.
 Regards,
 Bill

MarkR7

Re: Power Supply for MacBook Pro
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2017, 07:52 pm »
Hey Bill, I'd be interested to try it with my 2012 MacBook Pro, but need to know how much these will go for.....

Thx!
Mark

Bemopti123

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jul 2017, 08:14 pm »
Hey Bill, I'd be interested to try it with my 2012 MacBook Pro, but need to know how much these will go for.....

Thx!
Mark

I think this are mostly for the Mbps that have a USB c charging function...2016/2017 updated models.

MarkR7

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2017, 08:20 pm »
I was wondering how that would work!

I may be out then based on the age of my MBP... I know my current charger is noisy as heck, and basically a POS!

Bemopti123

« Reply #4 on: 1 Aug 2017, 12:56 am »
I was wondering how that would work!

I may be out then based on the age of my MBP... I know my current charger is noisy as heck, and basically a POS!

I am debating either getting the new MBP series but the 15" are way too expensive.  Might get an Imac 21.5" 4K with upgrades and then simply use my other two older 2009 and 2011 MBP as portables.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 1 Aug 2017, 12:59 am »
With the cost of the sMS at $450 I don't understand why anyone would use their MacBook as a server unless they're running in DLNA mode which power has zero affect on audio quality.  Spend the money on the sMS-200 and plug your HD into the back and get Roon.  Done and much better sounding too.

Bemopti123

« Reply #6 on: 1 Aug 2017, 03:17 am »
With the cost of the sMS at $450 I don't understand why anyone would use their MacBook as a server unless they're running in DLNA mode which power has zero affect on audio quality.  Spend the money on the sMS-200 and plug your HD into the back and get Roon.  Done and much better sounding too.

I read a review of the SotM.  Impressive...but I am always leery of the instability of these dedicated Network players.  If I have all these lossless files on my MBP...now the question, how do I have a copy of these files to an external NAS and run it from there. 

Strangely enough, SotM does not seem to carry the battery power supply anymore.  They only sell linear power supplies now. 

Alex Young

« Reply #7 on: 1 Aug 2017, 02:39 pm »

Thx!
Mark

Hi Mark,

Your 2012 MBP is powered thru MagSafe 2, the MusicLinear has a rear output that you can connect a third party "5.5x2.5 to MagSafe2" cable to go with your MagSafe2 MBP. I have seen such cable available on eBay.

Please visit www.musiclinear.com and sign up for notification of official launch on INDIEGOGO there will be a very big discount.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Alex

richidoo

« Reply #8 on: 1 Aug 2017, 08:30 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle, Alex! Your Eastern Electric products have brought me great joy over the years. I'm interested to learn more about your current work and new project. I hope you'll share with us.

Please read this page about how to become an Industry Participant on AudioCircle.
Thanks,
Rich

Bemopti123

« Reply #9 on: 2 Aug 2017, 12:18 am »
Hi Mark,

Your 2012 MBP is powered thru MagSafe 2, the MusicLinear has a rear output that you can connect a third party "5.5x2.5 to MagSafe2" cable to go with your MagSafe2 MBP. I have seen such cable available on eBay.

Please visit www.musiclinear.com and sign up for notification of official launch on INDIEGOGO there will be a very big discount.

Hope this helps.

I think his and mine would all work with the MagSafe 1 adapter readily available on eBay.  The MagSafe 2 is for newer MacBook Air laptops, as well as retina Mbps up to 2016.

Thanks.

Alex

Alex Young

« Reply #10 on: 2 Aug 2017, 01:08 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle, Alex! Your Eastern Electric products have brought me great joy over the years. I'm interested to learn more about your current work and new project. I hope you'll share with us.

Please read this page about how to become an Industry Participant on AudioCircle.
Thanks,
Rich

Thanks Rich.

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #12 on: 8 Aug 2017, 06:43 pm »
I am debating either getting the new MBP series but the 15" are way too expensive.  Might get an Imac 21.5" 4K with upgrades and then simply use my other two older 2009 and 2011 MBP as portables.
I bought my wife the entry level 13" MacBook Pro yesterday for $1199 minus $125 student discount at Best Buy .I think "out the door" was about $1175. It's the latest (June 2017) iteration. My choice was only 128 Gb SS drive. The 256 version adds another $200, IIRC.