Silver Statement Bliss

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Silver Statement Bliss
« on: 15 Mar 2017, 11:47 pm »
    Running all TWL cords in my system. Using High Current Digital American for my Arion class"D" hybrid monoblocks. Digital American to Wytech Pre, QOL, Lector CDP, KuzmaTT, Linn TT [ mono]. Digital uses a PIAudio Digibuss connected to a Uberbuss. Amps and all analog into a Uberbuss using 7+ TWL to wall.  I decided to try the Statements after an associate of mine bought them for his Pass monoblocks.
    Expecting a difference but not a big leap of any kind we were taken back as to the explosive dynamics and speed. Soundstage was slighty larger but deeper. Tonality at first was bright but after an hour in GONE baby gone. Just needed to settle in.
    As good as the HCDA is the Statement is better. All around better. Bass fugetaboutit more bass better defined and focused. Open you ask ? Open can be. Larger sound stage as well.
     Quiet ?  You can hear the grasshoppers pissing on the cotton whilst sitting on ya porch. So if the funds allow try one or two.

charles

Big Red Machine

Re: Silver Statement Bliss
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 pm »
Pete is making rePete a pair of 7 foot 20 amp series 7 cables for my upcoming mono-blocks.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2017, 11:57 pm »
  Be prepared buy Depends.  :lol:

charles

dpatters

« Reply #3 on: 25 Mar 2017, 09:19 am »
Just ordered a Silver Statement as an upgrade to my 7 Plus which feeds my PI Audio UberBuss :thumb:

Don P.

faxer

« Reply #4 on: 2 Apr 2017, 02:22 pm »
I am currently using the silver statement chords which have replaced the Digital Americans on the Pass Labs XA60.8 Monoblocks
All i can say is there is better clarity, focus, better seperation of instruments and deeper soundstage.
I am using GT Audio Works GT3R Planar Speakers- theses are dipole speakers that have no crossover components on the midrange panels.
Hence, they will reveal any change that is made to the system.
I am also using Pete's balanced interconnects troughout the system and speaker cables.
The new GT Audio speakers have the option to biwire - therefore we will be adding a second set of TWL's  speaker cables one set to power the Mid planar panels and the other to the ribbon tweeters.
The system synergy increases with improved musicality once all cables and power chords are replaced with TWL.
I encourage you to audition these cables at Sound Insight on the above system.

Ric Schultz

« Reply #5 on: 2 Apr 2017, 06:31 pm »
Faxer,
How do the Gt Audio speakers compare to the all out modded now discontinued much more expensive Radia speakers? 

faxer

« Reply #6 on: 3 Apr 2017, 03:01 pm »
We compared the GT Speakers to our custom BG Radia FS 880 in a head to head comparison with matched volume levels via an SPL meter .
 The BG radio speakers were outfitted with a custom $10,000 external passive crossover that contained the finest cast copper Jupiter caps, Duelund inductors and Path audio resistors.
 Additionally as per Danny's Richies specifications the BG's also had a custom acrylic wing made for the rear of the speaker.
 The comparison really did not take long. The GT speakers in every respect were more open detailed and transparent .  I can simply attribute this to the fact that Greg is utilizing no crossover on the midrange panels.
 Unlike the BG radia speakers the GT speakers are utilizing an inherently superior thin-film copper foil traces . This thin-film copper foil is actually thinner than the aluminum traces that were used on the drivers in the BG speakers (Neo10 and (Neo3). Plus copper is a much better conductor of electricity.
Another factor is the surface area of the midrange drivers is approximately 720 sq inches
The surface area of the Neo 10's is only maybe 400-450 sq in.
This also equates in the GT's playing down to 50 hz the BG's maybe 150 hz
There fore lower xover settings on our open baffle servo subs means better sub integration.

dpatters

« Reply #7 on: 4 Apr 2017, 08:47 pm »
We compared the GT Speakers to our custom BG Radia FS 880 in a head to head comparison with matched volume levels via an SPL meter .
 The BG radio speakers were outfitted with a custom $10,000 external passive crossover that contained the finest cast copper Jupiter caps, Duelund inductors and Path audio resistors.
 Additionally as per Danny's Richies specifications the BG's also had a custom acrylic wing made for the rear of the speaker.
 The comparison really did not take long. The GT speakers in every respect were more open detailed and transparent .  I can simply attribute this to the fact that Greg is utilizing no crossover on the midrange panels.
 Unlike the BG radia speakers the GT speakers are utilizing an inherently superior thin-film copper foil traces . This thin-film copper foil is actually thinner than the aluminum traces that were used on the drivers in the BG speakers (Neo10 and (Neo3). Plus copper is a much better conductor of electricity.
Another factor is the surface area of the midrange drivers is approximately 720 sq inches
The surface area of the Neo 10's is only maybe 400-450 sq in.
This also equates in the GT's playing down to 50 hz the BG's maybe 150 hz
There fore lower xover settings on our open baffle servo subs means better sub integration.

Appreciate the planar discussion, but to update:

I installed the Silver Statement and now have about 100 hours of play time.  I can only echo the accolades of previous reviewers of Pete's cables. Super clean top end with bass extension to beat the band. Definitely a step up from the 7 Plus which is really saying something considering the performance of the Plus series of cables.

Don P.

Avhifidelity

« Reply #8 on: 21 Apr 2018, 02:14 pm »
    Running all TWL cords in my system. Using High Current Digital American for my Arion class"D" hybrid monoblocks. Digital American to Wytech Pre, QOL, Lector CDP, KuzmaTT, Linn TT [ mono]. Digital uses a PIAudio Digibuss connected to a Uberbuss. Amps and all analog into a Uberbuss using 7+ TWL to wall.  I decided to try the Statements after an associate of mine bought them for his Pass monoblocks.
    Expecting a difference but not a big leap of any kind we were taken back as to the explosive dynamics and speed. Soundstage was slighty larger but deeper. Tonality at first was bright but after an hour in GONE baby gone. Just needed to settle in.
    As good as the HCDA is the Statement is better. All around better. Bass fugetaboutit more bass better defined and focused. Open you ask ? Open can be. Larger sound stage as well.
     Quiet ?  You can hear the grasshoppers pissing on the cotton whilst sitting on ya porch. So if the funds allow try one or two.

charles

I am a bit confused or more likely surprised, I think in a good way.  I’m a big fan of Pete’s power cables. I have several 7plus for amps and Digital American power cords for sources in my main system. I recently purchased a pre-owned TWL Silver Statement (SS) cord just for kicks to try out, replacing the 7plus on my SSP, which I had previously upgraded from the 10plus and made a slight difference in terms of better separation and staging.  I was not expecting a marked difference putting in the SS.

So far, I’ve put in about 10 hours on the cord (previous owner had it for 3 yrs) so probably already burned in. I am very surprised at the difference in sound between the 7plus and SS on my SSP.  First thing I noticed how quiet and very focused the sound is with more weight across the frequency spectrum, fatter bass, vocals pop out, noticeably more separation between vocals and instruments.  But all too quiet as if to think, is the SS power cord masking some high frequency sound that is not noise, but that I should be hearing in the music.  I feel like I’m missing something with the SS vs the 7plus and I can’t really pinpoint whether it is noise that is external to the music (which is good) or nuanced sound that is part of the music that I’m missing or high frequency sound that is masked or rolled off.  The SS is just too quiet sounding to believe the difference, yet I think everything I “should” be hearing is there. I’m still experimenting, but this just surprised me. I was not expecting this. 

As an FYI, my equipment consists of Classe SSP800, CA-M600, Marantz SA11S3, Paradigm S8V3.

Triode Pete

« Reply #9 on: 21 Apr 2018, 03:24 pm »

I am a bit confused or more likely surprised, I think in a good way.  I’m a big fan of Pete’s power cables. I have several 7plus for amps and Digital American power cords for sources in my main system. I recently purchased a pre-owned TWL Silver Statement (SS) cord just for kicks to try out, replacing the 7plus on my SSP, which I had previously upgraded from the 10plus and made a slight difference in terms of better separation and staging.  I was not expecting a marked difference putting in the SS.

So far, I’ve put in about 10 hours on the cord (previous owner had it for 3 yrs) so probably already burned in. I am very surprised at the difference in sound between the 7plus and SS on my SSP.  First thing I noticed how quiet and very focused the sound is with more weight across the frequency spectrum, fatter bass, vocals pop out, noticeably more separation between vocals and instruments.  But all too quiet as if to think, is the SS power cord masking some high frequency sound that is not noise, but that I should be hearing in the music.  I feel like I’m missing something with the SS vs the 7plus and I can’t really pinpoint whether it is noise that is external to the music (which is good) or nuanced sound that is part of the music that I’m missing or high frequency sound that is masked or rolled off.  The SS is just too quiet sounding to believe the difference, yet I think everything I “should” be hearing is there. I’m still experimenting, but this just surprised me. I was not expecting this. 

As an FYI, my equipment consists of Classe SSP800, CA-M600, Marantz SA11S3, Paradigm S8V3.

Howdy,
Please let the "Silver Statement" settle into your system. It probably is "burned-in" but requires "settling" of the dielectric. Just the coiling and un-coiling of the cable (as well as the shipping / transfer) of the cord affects the sonics in a detrimental way... Also, once settled, try not to disturb / move the power cord. Also, keeping if off the floor (maple blocks work great) will also improve the sonic quality.

My $0.02,
Pete

Avhifidelity

« Reply #10 on: 21 Apr 2018, 03:57 pm »
Thank you Pete!  Love your power cables.  I have three systems. Last count I have total of 14.