Post your favorite iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad Apps here:

Crimson

Great idea for a sticky thread from poster Rydenfan. Here are some apps that I use quite frequently:

Remote: This is the Apple app that lets you control your iTunes library from the comfort of your listening chair. An absolutely killer app for those using iTunes.

Air Sharing: This app turns your device in to a portable wireless flash drive. Very useful for folks that need to carry around files and such.

Dynolicious: A classic for those wanting to measure skidpad Gs and timed runs in their rides.

Around Me: Uses your current location to find all manner of services (gas, restaurants, etc.).

Drinks Free: Drink recipes.

Shazam: Don't know that tune that's playing? Start Shazam and it'll let you know (most of the time).

Decibel: An SPL meter.

Snap Tell
: Similar to Shazam, but for CDs, DVDs, and books.

Face Melter and Face Mixer: Distort and mix up images stored on your iPhone.

I haven't played many games on the iPhone, but I do enjoy Asphalt4, Space Monkey, iSlots, and reMovem.

« Last Edit: 9 May 2010, 05:25 pm by Crimson »

wilsynet

Re: Post your favorite iPhone/iPod Touch Apps here:
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2009, 11:18 am »
iPeng is an iPhone/iPod Touch application that controls Squeezebox/Transporter/Duets.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=63059.0

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2009, 02:07 pm »
As a high school band director, I like;

Cleartune-nice tuner with two different graphic presentations
iTick-metronome to quickly check tempos (but the iPhone isn't loud enough for use in practicing)
iTalk- to get a sound snapshot a performance or make a audio reminder for me.

rydenfan

« Reply #4 on: 7 Feb 2009, 02:44 pm »
Just changed out yesterday from a 16g touch to a 3G iphone  :thumb: I will certainly be getting even more heavily into apps. Hopefully you guys will post a few other new ones you like as well  :D

Rashiki

« Reply #5 on: 7 Feb 2009, 08:40 pm »
I find that I use the Yelp app quite often. It's linked to the review database on yelp.com. Yelp has reviews of restaurants, stores, hotels, etc., but I mostly use the Yelp app on my iPhone to find restaurants.

I also use the Facebook app a lot, but that's only useful if you're addicted to Facebook.

-Rob

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #6 on: 7 Feb 2009, 09:02 pm »
Ocarina sounds pretty amazing - it employs the microphone, speaker, touch sensitive screen, GPS and internet capabilities all at once!

http://tinyurl.com/cyd5lw

rydenfan

« Reply #7 on: 11 Feb 2009, 03:58 pm »
Lose Me is an app I am really enjoying. I can track all of the food I eat daily, my workouts, my weight, etc. It is pretty comprehensive and pretty accurate. If you enjoy working out and monitoring your diet you will likely enjoy this app.

rydenfan

« Reply #8 on: 3 Apr 2009, 08:55 pm »
SnapTell This app is way cool! You take a picture of a book, cd, dvd, video game, etc and it searches local stores by you and online store to give you all available prices. So if you are in a store and worried something may be cheaper nearby, now you will know  :D and it is a free app  :thumb:

Directv Diretcv just released a free app to allow me to connect to my DVR to schedule a recording no matter where I am.

Crimson

Bemopti123

« Reply #10 on: 3 Apr 2009, 10:26 pm »
NYTimes reader (much improved second version with save feature and also ability to have articles downloaded to read them while somewhere there is no 3G or WIFI signal, like in the subway. 

Does game count as an app?

If yes, then

Lightbike

gary

« Reply #11 on: 20 Jun 2009, 02:58 am »
Here's my list of essential apps:

Air Sharing Lets me use the phone as a file store, and view images, docs, pdf's, etc.
PCalc Fantastic scientific RPN calculator app (for all the HP fans out there)
Bloomberg Best business news/stock app
BeejiveIM Messaging app, it's expensive but easily worth the money if you like to chat
Toodledo Really nice task manager, which syncs to their online site
OneTap Movie theater schedules and trailers
i.TV TV schedule
Pandora Great, free app for internet radio
ScoreCenter ESPN scores & highlights app

On top of that, there are about 10 apps that I've bought for my two year old son... the iPhone makes a great tool for entertaining him when he gets bored or impatient.

gary

teros1

• Take control, use DSP
    • Bay Area Audiophile Society
« Reply #12 on: 25 Sep 2009, 07:16 pm »
Air Mouse

The best of the remote app's?

In addition to controlling media players, it turns iPhone/Touch into a trackpad and a Wii-like pointing device.

Bob

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel

DaveyW

Re: Post your favorite iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad Apps here:
« Reply #14 on: 21 Nov 2010, 03:00 pm »
Hi All
I've found ZUMOCAST to be a really excellent app for streaming music from my main PC via iPhone.
You can identify which folders you want to access via wi-fi, connect the iPhone to the hi-fi or sound dock and away you go.
Full remote access to all stored music and the stock player on the 3GS does a pretty good job too  8)
Cheers
Dave

geofstro

• Sound Galleries: High-End Audio in Monaco
« Reply #15 on: 4 Dec 2010, 02:17 pm »
Tango http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tango-remote-control-music/id345279970?mt=8(it takes two)
Load one copy on an IOS device you want to act as the music player and another copy on another IOS device you want to act as the remote. Now you can remote control your music library. Example1: Have an iPod Touch in a Wadia iTransport, control it from your iPhone, without having to walk up to the iTransport to choose the music. Example2: Have an iPad connected to a USB DAC via the Camera connection kit (for best sound), control it from an iPhone or iPod touch. Way cool!!! (and it's free!)

Crimson

GarageBand for the iPad
« Reply #16 on: 11 Mar 2011, 08:02 pm »
Incredible.

If you're at all familiar with GB and have an iPad, it's definitely worth checking out.

Wait, scratch that. If you have an iPad, buy it.

Words fail me...............

skunark

« Reply #17 on: 11 Mar 2011, 09:50 pm »
remote - apple tv and whole house audio remote
mPod/mPad - bdp
instagram - picture social network (fun with group of friends)
shazam
numbers
bloomberg
the weather channel
all recipes
weber's on the grill
urban spoon
VLC - (no longer in app store)
iSSH - remote access
meebo - IM client
zinio - magazine reader (requires registration and purchases of magazines outside the app, and they will spam you email address, so for warned, can't wait for apple to clamp down on that)
navagon (gets better each release)
99¢ game of the month: tiny wings

Not to mention mail, maps, contacts, calender, clock and safari are heavily used...

jhm731

Re: GarageBand for the iPad
« Reply #18 on: 11 Mar 2011, 10:00 pm »
Incredible.

If you're at all familiar with GB and have an iPad, it's definitely worth checking out.

Wait, scratch that. If you have an iPad, buy it.

Words fail me...............

GB?

orthobiz

« Reply #19 on: 11 Mar 2011, 10:02 pm »
Garage Band.

Paul