LIO integrated power

jwes

LIO integrated power
« on: 28 Dec 2017, 06:57 pm »
Quick question on experience.  I have a pair of full range 4 ohm, 88db speakers (Dali Euphonia MS4). 

Assume the LIO integrated isn't powerful enough and I'd have to buy the additional power amp.  But with high current delivery, it's hard to know.  Anyone driving a set of speakers like this just with the integrated (think it's 45W only into 4 ohm).

Thanks!

tme110

Re: LIO integrated power
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2017, 08:41 pm »
I've used Ascend Sierra-2's with the LIO and it worked out well and they a sensitivity rating of 86dB.  I also have the Ascend Lunas with sensitivity of 83.5dB and they were not a good match.  I think they're both nominally 6 ohm.

TomS

« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2017, 09:21 pm »
My TAD Evolution One's were 88db sensitivity 4 ohms nominal and the LIO internal drove them in a very large room without issue. It definitely plays much bigger than on paper  :thumb:

Vinnie R.

« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2017, 09:40 pm »
Quick question on experience.  I have a pair of full range 4 ohm, 88db speakers (Dali Euphonia MS4). 

Assume the LIO integrated isn't powerful enough and I'd have to buy the additional power amp.  But with high current delivery, it's hard to know.  Anyone driving a set of speakers like this just with the integrated (think it's 45W only into 4 ohm).

Thanks!

Hi jwes,

As long as you are not in a large room and not looking to play very loud, you probably will be pleasantly surprised by LIO's internal
amp module.  Definitely worth a try, and with a 30-day return policy, you have nothing to lose.  :wink:

Also see:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=135410.20

and

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=154154.0

Vinnie

jwes

« Reply #4 on: 29 Dec 2017, 12:05 am »
Thanks Vinnie.  I had been looking at the second thread, but not the first.

jwes

« Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2017, 07:40 pm »
I must be blind.  Maybe the LIO Mosfet amp 2.0 is an idea for this.  I know there was going to be a thread but I can't find it.  Will this provide more than 45w into 4 ohm?  Thanks!  Jim

Vinnie R.

Re: LIO integrated power (MOSFET AMP 2.0)
« Reply #6 on: 29 Dec 2017, 08:14 pm »
I must be blind.  Maybe the LIO Mosfet amp 2.0 is an idea for this.  I know there was going to be a thread but I can't find it.  Will this provide more than 45w into 4 ohm?  Thanks!  Jim

Hi Jim,

You are not blind... I'll be posting about this shortly (hopefully this afternoon) in a new thread.

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

Vinnie R.

« Reply #8 on: 30 Dec 2017, 04:33 pm »