« Reply #120 on: 27 Jun 2015, 10:31 pm »
OK, thanks fellas.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: Triple 12" OB H-frames
« Reply #121 on: 27 Jun 2015, 10:56 pm »
Here you....
After cuttingit all, just a matter of  peel and stick  :thumb:

Here's the trimmed edge, do this to every piece on the edge that goes up against the driver

Then it's  just a matter of peeling off the  backing...

Do the bottom piece

ZThen the top piece....

Finally slip in the  2 11" pices on the sides

Repeat for the other  44 pieces of no-rez.... or in Rich's case, the other 92  !!   :lol:
Remember, apply to a clean surface and try and  rub down each piece as you apply it with  preasure as best you can.  The no-rez actually adheres very well.

jay

Puny bass is for weak earthlings! Been very quiet on the east coast.  Time for some seismic activity!  :lol:

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #122 on: 27 Jun 2015, 10:57 pm »
I find that my jigsaw does a superb job of cutting the no rez.  Scares me less than table saw and cuts all the way through the foam.

lokie

« Reply #123 on: 18 Aug 2015, 01:12 pm »
Sorry for being a putz if the answer to this question is right in front of me, :

Where can I find some build plans for Triple 12" OB H-Frames?

Captainhemo

« Reply #124 on: 19 Aug 2015, 05:20 am »
Not really sure there is a pdf out there for the triples,  you can use the   lower section  of the  Super V (dual 12's as a guide) to build your triples from.
If you'd like, feel free to shoot me a PM  , I have a  .doc file I kept all the  measurements/cut lists i used for building the  duals and triples... you're welcome to have a copy if you want

-jay

DTB300

Re: Dual 12 or Dual 8 - OB H-frames
« Reply #125 on: 2 Sep 2015, 02:51 pm »
Is Reuben still doing the flat packs for the OB Subs?

I have been looking for a Dual H-Frame setup, plans, etc. to figure out cost.

Captainhemo

Re: Dual 12 or Dual 8 - OB H-frames
« Reply #126 on: 2 Sep 2015, 04:00 pm »
Is Reuben still doing the flat packs for the OB Subs?

I have been looking for a Dual H-Frame setup, plans, etc. to figure out cost.

If you are going to  build your own and plan to use  .75" MDF, laminate the sides, top, and bottom panels, you'll be using close to a full sheet per  cabinet.
Shoot Ruben a PM, sure he'll cut you a pair  and ship you flat packs, just a matter of time to get them cut

jay

DTB300

« Reply #127 on: 2 Sep 2015, 08:12 pm »
Jay...thanks I did send a PM.  No big rush here.....  Wanted to talk with "Hal" some more about his build at the CAF, but never got around to tracking him down again...

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #128 on: 2 Sep 2015, 08:55 pm »
DTB300,
Just let me know what your questions are about the servo subs and will try to answer them.

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming.   :D

Captainhemo

« Reply #129 on: 5 Sep 2015, 11:17 pm »
Well, after a  HUGE delay courtasey of USPS  :lol:   finally   wired the  2nd triple and they are both up and playing... now to move them to their new home, that'll be fun  :roll:

-jay
« Last Edit: 6 Sep 2015, 02:53 am by Captainhemo »

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #130 on: 5 Sep 2015, 11:53 pm »
I don't envy you that move. The triple 8 H-frames are heavy enough.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #131 on: 7 Sep 2015, 01:43 pm »
Well, after a  HUGE delay courtasey of USPS  :lol:   finally   wired the  2nd triple and they are both up and playing... now to move them to their new home, that'll be fun  :roll:

-jay

What the heck, man!  No comment or comparison to the duals?  I want to know what I'm missing.  :P :wink:

lokie

« Reply #132 on: 7 Sep 2015, 03:20 pm »
Cool. Thanks for sharing.

How bout a quickie BOM?

I may be pulling the trigger on this project before the end of the year.

Captainhemo

« Reply #133 on: 7 Sep 2015, 06:56 pm »
What the heck, man!  No comment or comparison to the duals?  I want to know what I'm missing.  :P :wink:

:lol:

well.....   as  one might expect,the duals and the triples sound  siilar in the fact they both produce extremely  clean,  tight, and accurate bass. Both are  very fsst and integrate seemlessly with my OB7's. . These  subs are so adjustable with the  features of the  A370PEQ I can't see an issue integrating them with  anything. I've paired a   set of  x ls encores with my duals and they sound great.

the triples offer  more...  you are moving a 3rd more air so there is more punch/weight behind everything, you definately feel  everything   more and  amazingly enough, it seems even  tighter and more defined playing  at the same SPL, there seems to be more  "ambiance" in the room too.
Along with  moving 1/3 more air volume, you are  working  the drivers less to reach  the  desired SPL so  things are cleaner, the drivers are not working as hard .  you'll probably   notice this more   the louder you play the subs  being  the duals will have to work that much harder to keep up

I won't be  upset in any way switching back to my duals, they are wonderful and  the triples are BIG ....  well I gues that is relavent right Rich (Mr dual 6x12's :thumb:)  I am glad i built my duals using the 16 ohm  version of the 12" servo woofers, it leavs me an upgrade path if I ever want to  build the triples... build new cabines and buy 2 new drivers.

I wouldn't say  that going  tothe triples would be overkill for anyone, even in my  18' x 12' room they sound great, the OB servo subs just don't seem to overload the room.  I am really anxious to hear them up at my buddy's place  where they will be in much larger room

lokie
BOM...     :scratch:

if i'm assuming right...

6 SW12 16FR's
2 A370PEQ amps 
6 sheets no rez
2 sets (M/f) 4 pole spctron connectores 
25' red / 25' white  OCC solid 16 ga  wire 
2 sets floor spikes

I've got a cut list for both the duals & the triples I made up for the cabinets built using dados. I can post it if anyone is interested  or  feel free to PM

jay
« Last Edit: 7 Sep 2015, 09:20 pm by Captainhemo »

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #134 on: 9 Sep 2015, 01:54 am »
 :duh:

I had to ask.

Hmm.. I could build a pair of single cabinets and add them to the mix...  :icon_twisted:

KLH007

« Reply #135 on: 9 Sep 2015, 03:32 am »
I estimate cost of materials only for a pair of triple 12s at $2,100, then add your time.

Captainhemo

« Reply #136 on: 9 Sep 2015, 05:09 am »
:duh:

I had to ask.

Hmm.. I could build a pair of single cabinets and add them to the mix...  :icon_twisted:

Yup, and I had to put the triples in my room for a couple days  :duh: .... I took them out today and went back to the  duals... a little more  noticeble than I had originally thought.  As I noted above,  the accuracy, definition and musicality are very smilar, basically the same, between them, but the  "weight"   produced by the triples is more apparent than i thought. 

007KLH,  with everything i listed above, you're closer to $2300 I believe + cost of  cabinet material/finishing etc

You'll be happy  though  :beer:

Ron

« Reply #137 on: 10 Sep 2015, 02:46 pm »
   Good job Jay. The triple 12" OB H-frames look great !   :thumb:  I'm sure they must sound awesome.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #138 on: 10 Sep 2015, 04:30 pm »
Hi, Jay.

Those look amazing - I imagine they sound amazing as well. They really dominate your room (or, perhaps, it's because of the different color?). You clearly are highly skilled!

Captainhemo

« Reply #139 on: 11 Sep 2015, 02:29 am »
Hi, Jay.

Those look amazing - I imagine they sound amazing as well. They really dominate your room (or, perhaps, it's because of the different color?). You clearly are highly skilled!

Thanks  Michael, Ron.

It's not  just the color, although I'm sure that plays a part of it !  They do dominate the room  but, they don't over power the room.  They are impressive to listen to.
We moved them to their new home yesterday afternoon. Will be going up on the weekend to do some final setup  , I'll try to remember to grab my camera and post a shot or two. Eventually they  will  have the grill frames wrapped in white cloth

jay