Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!
« Reply #160 on: 25 Nov 2010, 04:25 am »
Ordered my 2 pair on the 17th.  Guess I have a few days left, huh?  :)

roscoeiii

« Reply #161 on: 25 Nov 2010, 06:21 am »
Yes, I'd recommend occupying yourself with something else for a while, perhaps a detailed examination of your Zodiac+ impressions? I will have an implosion of gear as a MajikBuss, some supertweeters and a Wyred DAC2 arrive in the same week. Wild audio ride ahead...

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #162 on: 25 Nov 2010, 06:46 am »
..... and the beat goes on,,,,,,,,  :lol:

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #163 on: 25 Nov 2010, 12:49 pm »
Yes, I'd recommend occupying yourself with something else for a while, perhaps a detailed examination of your Zodiac+ impressions? I will have an implosion of gear as a MajikBuss, some supertweeters and a Wyred DAC2 arrive in the same week. Wild audio ride ahead...
I'm listening to golfugh's W4S Dac1 right now (using my Weiss as fw-to-S/PDIF)....VERY nice.  Give your DAC2 about 400 hours..  :o   .seriously...it will be a roller coaster break in ride until then. 

Philistine

« Reply #164 on: 25 Nov 2010, 01:37 pm »
Looks like my shipping notice arrived at 3.30 this morning  :thumb:

jriggy

« Reply #165 on: 25 Nov 2010, 02:27 pm »
Looks like my shipping notice arrived at 3.30 this morning  :thumb:
Now thats one hard working man!

Finally ordered mine this past sunday. Think Ill just forget about em for now.....

Philistine

« Reply #166 on: 25 Nov 2010, 02:34 pm »
I'm listening to golfugh's W4S Dac1 right now (using my Weiss as fw-to-S/PDIF)....VERY nice.  Give your DAC2 about 400 hours..  :o   .seriously...it will be a roller coaster break in ride until then.

I think this is a great idea.
We need a new Circle - Ted's DAC Reviews.
You can do all the hard work for us Ted, you're quicker than the 'professional' reviewers and have better gear.  We'll just keep feeding you GE's  :thumb:

Charles Xavier

« Reply #167 on: 25 Nov 2010, 04:24 pm »
Yep the extreme brightness is gone, I'm also just using one pair at the speakers  and volume levels seem about the same. I'm gonna stay with the one pair as I think with anything it could easily go too far if I add too many. Right now I'm just amazed these little things do so much and I just am enjoying the heck out of this new sound.

My system is sounding bright today. It could be me.

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #168 on: 25 Nov 2010, 05:03 pm »

Well, Charles, my system is bright the days when I'm not.   :)

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #169 on: 25 Nov 2010, 05:08 pm »
All good here!!! I have used these with four different speakers just for the hell of it and they all sound better with these little dudes, and mine did take from ordering 11/6 to 11/20 to arrive so it takes a little time but well worth the wait.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #170 on: 25 Nov 2010, 05:52 pm »
I'm finding my system to initially be on the bright side when I 1st turn it on but after a few songs at low volume, I start touching up the volume and within  1/2 our, I'm blasting away with no fatigue factor. I wonder if it takes a few minutes for the Ground Enhancer to drain the negative energy from the drivers (acclimate themselves?) before things start sounding their best? It might not be just a bang/bang effect where optimum results just instantly appear when firing up your system is what I'm thinking.  :dunno:

I'm also wondering what effect these Enhancers might offer on a power conditioner? I happen to have an unused ground terminal on my BPT conditioner so I'll be looking at that.

Happy Thanskgiving everyone,  :wave:
Robin

MT POCKETS

« Reply #171 on: 25 Nov 2010, 07:19 pm »
Ordered mine on 11/8 and received USPS notice yesterday, Ric answerd all my e-mails.

*Scotty*

« Reply #172 on: 25 Nov 2010, 08:05 pm »
satfrat,do you turn your system off when ever you are not listening to it?
 If this is the case then you are probably hearing the amplifiers come up thermal equilibrium
and you may also be hearing the power supply caps form up again after being turned off overnight.
I never turn my equipment off because the Jensen four-pole caps in the power supplies take about  the same amount of time to reform as they have been powered down.
Scotty

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #173 on: 25 Nov 2010, 08:16 pm »
satfrat,do you turn your system off when ever you are not listening to it?
 If this is the case then you are probably hearing the amplifiers come up thermal equilibrium
and you may also be hearing the power supply caps form up again after being turned off overnight.
I never turn my equipment off because the Jensen four-pole caps in the power supplies take about  the same amount of time to reform as they have been powered down.
Scotty

Yes I do Scotty. I have tubes in my 6 channel Butler amps and Havana Dac. I see no value in leaving them on 24/7 but I do understand what you're saying with your high cap power supplies. Fwiw, I do leave my Acoustic Revive RR-77 w/KingRex power supply on 24/7.  :eyebrows:

Cheers,
Robin

tdangelo

« Reply #174 on: 26 Nov 2010, 06:50 pm »
ordered/paid on the 11th - still waiting...

sleepysurf

• Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society
    • Suncoast Audiophile Society
« Reply #175 on: 26 Nov 2010, 07:06 pm »
Likewise, ordered 11/8, and thought I'd have them by this weekend.  Haven't gotten any tracking info, but hoping they might show up tomorrow.

pjnad

« Reply #176 on: 26 Nov 2010, 09:16 pm »
I ordered 2 pair on the 11th...just received a follow up from Ric; he says that he worked all day yesterday, missing out on turkey day, but mine are shipping today  :D

so, I'm hoping that many of you will be getting yours very soon as well....

standman

• Industry Participant
    • www.standmanstands.com
« Reply #177 on: 27 Nov 2010, 01:40 am »
I have used the zip cord tryout test and am somewhat beside myself on  what may be happening. I was sure I was hearing good things  and since I had some extra ears the other day I decided to do some listening comparisons with them in and out of the neg speaker terminals while others listened and rotated listening turns to switching duty. The strange thing I found was there was no immediate change in sound upon switching in or out. At that point I decided the makeshift ground enhancers did nothing for me. The following day I decided to put them back in and  am sure I hear the difference again.  I have to wonder if there is a delayed response in sound with them in and out.  I am far from an electrical engineer but have heard first hand what some common changes in speaker wire, interconnects, and such have on the effects of the sound so I would not dismiss the ground enhancers as not doing anything.  I am somewhat of a skeptic in the grand scheme of tweaks however.  One thing that amuses me is  as far as I know no speaker manufactures use this technology in their designs. Who better to understand and realize any positive effects that the ground enhancers may have than a manufacture with knowledge and the tools to realize any good that may exist in this. Then I must wonder is what I may be hearing in fact good or will I soon tire of any change I may be hearing if in fact this is not a predetermined hearing to begin with.  For instance  a microphonic tube can be somewhat of a nice sound for a short period of time until you realize it is unnatural and irritating.  Don't get me wrong if it turns your crank it's great as always. In any event it has peaked my interest enough to order a couple pair. 

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #178 on: 27 Nov 2010, 01:49 am »
I have used the zip cord tryout test and am somewhat beside myself on  what may be happening. I was sure I was hearing good things  and since I had some extra ears the other day I decided to do some listening comparisons with them in and out of the neg speaker terminals while others listened and rotated listening turns to switching duty. The strange thing I found was there was no immediate change in sound upon switching in or out. At that point I decided the makeshift ground enhancers did nothing for me. The following day I decided to put them back in and  am sure I hear the difference again.  I have to wonder if there is a delayed response in sound with them in and out.  I am far from an electrical engineer but have heard first hand what some common changes in speaker wire, interconnects, and such have on the effects of the sound so I would not dismiss the ground enhancers as not doing anything.  I am somewhat of a skeptic in the grand scheme of tweaks however.  One thing that amuses me is  as far as I know no speaker manufactures use this technology in their designs. Who better to understand and realize any positive effects that the ground enhancers may have than a manufacture with knowledge and the tools to realize any good that may exist in this. Then I must wonder is what I may be hearing in fact good or will I soon tire of any change I may be hearing if in fact this is not a predetermined hearing to begin with.  For instance  a microphonic tube can be somewhat of a nice sound for a short period of time until you realize it is unnatural and irritating.  Don't get me wrong if it turns your crank it's great as always. In any event it has peaked my interest enough to order a couple pair.

Fact is it's been reported that Genesis Advanced Technologies will be incorporating this type of grounding into their line of loudspeakers.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Jon L

« Reply #179 on: 27 Nov 2010, 03:44 am »
Got some work to do...