guidance and ideas needed for next project

wendelltate

guidance and ideas needed for next project
« on: 16 Mar 2020, 08:52 pm »
Hi all,

I am getting the itch to build something new.  I haven't really built anything in the last couple of years.  I have been listening to my LXmini speakers.  I recently added the +2 subwoofer configuration to them and they sound great.  But now I am ready to build something new. 

Here is a list of the drivers and equipment that I have:
- 4 Alpha 15a
- 4 Vifa TC9FD 3.5"
- 2 MarkAudio Alpair 12p 8" full range drivers
- 2 Peerless 10" woofers
- 2 minidsp 2x4
- 2 SB Acoustics tweeters

I would love to build something open baffle.  I currently have 2 of the Alphas set up in U-frames with a 175 crossover and the MarkAudio on a 12x18 baffle running pretty much full range.  They sound really good.

I have a pretty small room.  It is 11 wide by 14 long.

Is the Yield design still viable?  I have heard and really like the Emerald Physics.  I have been reading about the Yield and they seem interesting.  I also like the design of the PAP speakers.  Maybe something like the LX521?  I have really confused myself.

Thanks for any advice.

JohnR

Re: guidance and ideas needed for next project
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2020, 12:40 am »
Hi, what's the Yield design?

uncola

« Reply #2 on: 17 Mar 2020, 03:03 pm »
From my googling looks like it was a speaker made by fast lane audio but the builder quit his audio business.

wendelltate

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2020, 12:24 pm »
Hi,
Sorry for the delay.  I have been busy getting everything with my work set for the Covid-19 work from home setup.

Here is the thread from this board a few years ago.  https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=105895.0
They were designed using the theory behind the Emerald Physics of loading the bass and having a small 6" port on the front of the speaker.  I am just itching to build something. 

I think that I am going to try to use my Vifa 3.5 full range with the SB Acoustics tweeters and do something like the NX Otica, an MTM.  I am going to use my 4 10" woofers in stacked pairs of h-frames (maybe).  I can do the whole thing active with the minidsp units.  I am not sure how this will work.