Sat Dec 4th Listening session

Mad DOg

« Reply #20 on: 1 Dec 2004, 08:00 am »
rlcordiero and shauk786,

you've been added to the confirmed list...

since this is pretty much the capacity of Jeff's listening room, he has asked me to close the listening session attendee list right here...

Mad DOg

Change in plans!
« Reply #21 on: 2 Dec 2004, 07:10 pm »
Change in plans!!!

Guys,

Jeff emailed me late last night and said he can't host this session so we're just going to do this at my place again...I'm not sure we'll have the Dodson 218 available but the other 3 DACs are at my place right now...

As well as the Audience PowerChords and some newly received VenHaus Audio power cords...

Russ, If you want to bring your Manley Shrimp, that's cool by me...No probs w/ bringing your Pioneer either...

Mad DOg

« Reply #22 on: 2 Dec 2004, 10:39 pm »
Just got off the phone w/ Ralph and looks like he won't be able to make it.  :(

Too bad, cuz he's a really nice fellow and would have a wealth of knowledge to share w/ us all.

So as it stands, it doesn't look like we'll have the Dodson 218 to audition unless Jeff decides to drop it off for the session which I'm not counting on at this point.

i u want, bring ur DVD-A and/or SACDs...my Pioneer DV-AX10 has been moved to the 2ch system. since the focus of this session will be on sources, we can throw this UDP into the mix as well.

since you've all been to my place before, does anyone still need me to PM them my address?

Mad DOg

« Reply #23 on: 3 Dec 2004, 05:14 am »
Jon L
Russtafarian
rlcordiero
shauk786

do u need me to send u my address?

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #24 on: 3 Dec 2004, 05:38 am »
Yes, I need your address & phone number.  Thanks.

I'll bring the shrimp and the runt (the DV-AX10's snotty little brother).

Mad DOg

« Reply #25 on: 3 Dec 2004, 05:42 am »
Quote from: Russtafarian
the runt (the DV-AX10's snotty little brother).
:lol: too funny...

you've got PM...

Mad DOg

« Reply #26 on: 3 Dec 2004, 04:30 pm »
just to recap...

we start at 12 noon at my place...

don't forget to bring music!  :wink:

rlcordeiro

Front End
« Reply #27 on: 3 Dec 2004, 04:39 pm »
Mad Dog,
Can I bring my low end Onkyo UDP to see where its deficient and if and how the DAC's can help. If you already have too much equipment to evaluate please do not hesitate to say NO

Mad DOg

Re: Front End
« Reply #28 on: 3 Dec 2004, 05:19 pm »
Quote from: rlcordeiro
Mad Dog,
Can I bring my low end Onkyo UDP to see where its deficient and if and how the DAC's can help. If you already have too much equipment to evaluate please do not hesitate to say NO

well, how low is low?

we've got russ' pioneer, the MW L2 modded PT P-3/A, the EA modded PT P-3/A, the Dodson 263, Jon L's laptop w/ USB to SP/DIF converter and my DV-AX10 which we don't have to compare if we don't want. 5+ hrs to compare them all so we should have time...

i suggest we compare the transports first; Jon L's computer w/ the EA USB converter, the AA DDS-Pro, and the DV-AX10 UDP to see which one sounds best. then figure out which preamp is the most revealing and transparent btwn Jon L's EVS Ultimate attenuators, my ultimate attenuators and Russ' Manley Shrimp. finally run thru each DAC. if we still have time we can compare some power cords and cables.

shokunin

« Reply #29 on: 3 Dec 2004, 05:33 pm »
Man, I wish I could make this one, but looks like prior commitments will make it too hard to get to and from Temecula.   Have fun you guys...

Mad DOg

« Reply #30 on: 3 Dec 2004, 05:54 pm »
wish you could make it...we'll miss you... :(

Mad DOg

« Reply #31 on: 4 Dec 2004, 12:16 am »
CONFIRMED ATTENDEES:

Jon L
Russtafarian
rlcordiero
shauk786
rgordonpf
eslai (probable)

and possibly 1 more attendee...

perfect size group!  8)

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #32 on: 4 Dec 2004, 03:31 am »
Quote from: Mad DOg

So as it stands, it doesn't look like we'll have the Dodson 218 to audition unless Jeff decides to drop it off for the session which I'm not counting on at this point.

Too bad about the Dodson 218 :( ....it really is a excellent sounding DAC !!! Guess another time.....

Mad DOg

« Reply #33 on: 4 Dec 2004, 03:47 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Quote from: Mad DOg

Too bad about the Dodson 218 :( ....it really is a excellent sounding DAC !!! Guess another time.....

no dodson 218...altho i've already had the pleasure of hearing it once, i don't think i can ever get enough of it...

rlcordeiro

[b]LOW[/b]
« Reply #34 on: 4 Dec 2004, 04:00 am »
MD,
My onkyo is the SP-800 whose elder brother the SP-1000 is causing small ripples in the audio world. It is THX Ultra certified and does have a button to turn off the video circuits when listening to audio improving sound quality. Not too low I hope.