Mensa Art DI/O going out of Sync-skipping

L'wood

Mensa Art DI/O going out of Sync-skipping
« on: 23 May 2009, 06:20 pm »
Hello folks, great forum.

My Boulder modified Art DI/O is going out of sync, skipping as it were like a needle on vinyl....this only occurs when walking across the floor, and I've amply isolated both the Art and transport....when I'm relaxin' in the ole easy chair, no issues.

Any ideas on this one?  I use the Boulder Bybee digital cable and have also tried two other
digitals, but to no avail, it still skips.  Also tried different transports, no help there either.

Thanks in advance for any help...or should I just ship it back to Wayne?

L'wood

PSP

Re: Mensa Art DI/O going out of Sync-skipping
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2009, 12:30 am »
I had pops and snaps from an old Philips 963SA generated by static electricity/sparks when I walked across the carpet in winter. 

So, do you think it's vibration (can you tap on the case and make it lose synch)? or static electricity?

If static electricity, the problem might go away (and be difficult to diagnose) over the humid summer only to return in winter.

Just a thought / Peter

BobM

« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2009, 12:54 pm »
First rule of thumb - when in doubt, reboot. Just unplug it and let it drain down for a minute or two then plug it back in. Does the skipping still occur?

Next, check the settings lights. Are you seeing green or orange (i.e. the 2 settings that seem to work without breakup)? If not, then change them and see if one of the alternate settings solves your issue.

Bob

L'wood

« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2009, 01:26 pm »
Couldn't agree more, yes, I've unplugged and plugged in a number of times.

With the Boulder mod there is only one setting, upon pushing the button you go through a set of yellow, orange and then green/sync.  I did try the 'static gun', but to no avail....still searching.

Thanks for the ideas.

L'wood

BobM

« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2009, 01:39 pm »
I would then check your digital cable. Try another one if you have it, or a regular interconnect as a temporary to see if the problem may lie there. Or you could open it up and see if perhaps a solder join has come undone on the digital input.

Alternately I would suggest calling Boulder and seeing if they have any ideas.

Good luck,
Bob