244 with scaterring options

ricardojoa

244 with scaterring options
« on: 24 May 2013, 11:47 am »
Hi, just wanted to see if these would be appropriated on the back wall right against the couch.  I plan on installing up higher above my head, so it will difuse to the center of the room. Also, can the panel with scattering be installed horizontally?
Thank you.

Alex Reynolds

• Industry Participant
  • Bringing Your Sound to Life
    • GIK Acoustics
Re: 244 with scaterring options
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2013, 03:12 am »
Sorry I didn't see this until now. Both orientations would work fine, the biggest problem is that you'll be too close to the panel to get benefits from the scatter plates. You'll usually want to be at least 18" or so from a panel with the scatter plate installed.

ricardojoa

« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2013, 05:23 am »
Sorry I didn't see this until now. Both orientations would work fine, the biggest problem is that you'll be too close to the panel to get benefits from the scatter plates. You'll usually want to be at least 18" or so from a panel with the scatter plate installed.

Thanks Alex.
I actually send an email regarding a custome 244 to Christina and have not heard back.
Anyway, What is the difference in scattering between the QRD and the ones built in on the 242 and 244?

Alex Reynolds

• Industry Participant
  • Bringing Your Sound to Life
    • GIK Acoustics
« Reply #3 on: 5 Jun 2013, 04:40 am »
QRD diffusors have much wider and deeper wells so they diffuse to a much lower frequency. The Scatter Plates give high frequency (>2kHz) scattering, where the QRD and Q7d diffusors will give diffusion down to the lowest mid frequencies.
Did Christina ever message you back? Normally she's quicker on e-mails than any of us, perhaps it never sent to her. You can feel free to e-mail me with any questions - alex.r@gikacoustics.com