Zu Tour 2012 in Princeton NJ

MaxCast

« on: 10 Mar 2012, 11:43 am »

1. Name of event - Zu Tour 2012
2. Location of event - Princeton, NJ
3. Date of event - July 7th
4. You get to listen to Zu creations in our home setting.

Thank You,
shadowlight

MaxCast

Re: Zu Tour 2012 in Princeton NJ
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2012, 11:45 am »
shadowlight, can you provide more information about this event.
Location, what to expect, number of people, gear, how to rsvp, etc.

shadowlight

« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2012, 04:34 pm »
Thank You Max.

shadowlight

« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2012, 01:07 am »
Hello Everyone,

Apology for taking so long in providing additional information related to tour.  Couple of house rules - no alcohol or meat dishes will be served and please take off your shoes (feel free to bring house shoes/sandals).

Please post in the thread or send me a PM if you are interested in attending. If you are arriving from out of town and plan to stay overnight please let me know and I will find information on hotels or you can look for hotels in 08540 (Princeton, NJ) or 08852 (Monmouth Junction, NJ).  If you are flying in the closest airports are Newark and Philadelphia, with Philly airport being the cheaper to fly into.  Also, if you have any food allergies or restriction let me know.

Start Time: 1:00pm
End Time: Who Knows

Zu Audio Tour

Likely Speakers - Definition IV, Omen Def, Soul Superfly, Druid V

« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2012, 02:33 am by shadowlight »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2012, 01:10 am »
I highly recommend you go to this....Sean is a super cool dude that I can't say enough good about.  Wish I was closer!

shadowlight

« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2012, 01:24 am »
Amplifiers - Audion 845, Melody AN2111, Yamamoto 45,

, ,

shadowlight

« Reply #6 on: 27 Mar 2012, 01:41 am »
Source - Vinyl (Zu/SL1200)
Phono Pre - Jasmine and K&K
CD - Sony DVP-S7000, Rega Apollo, Goldmund transport
DAC - ?
Streaming - Logitech Touch
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2012, 07:56 pm by shadowlight »

shadowlight

« Reply #7 on: 27 Mar 2012, 02:09 am »
I highly recommend you go to this....Sean is a super cool dude that I can't say enough good about.  Wish I was closer!

Jason,

It is only about 2 hr flight from NC to Philadelphia or Newark airport.  Both airports are about 45 to 60 minutes away.  Philly is likely to be cheaper to fly into.

Gopher

« Reply #8 on: 27 Mar 2012, 02:10 am »
I'd love to try to get to this event!  My July is a little crazy so I gotta check with the wife, but if the day works it would be great!

Is the turntable the complete Zu rebuild of the 1200?  Siick
If I can make it, I'll bring my DAC (Lampizator L3)

EDIT:  ohh, this may be a tough one.  Just realized its the day I have tickets to Roger Waters doing The Wall at Yankee Stadium... 

shadowlight

« Reply #9 on: 27 Mar 2012, 02:12 am »
I'd love to try to get to this event!  My July is a little crazy so I gotta check with the wife, but if the day works it would be great!

My understanding is that it is a complete Zu rebuild of the 1200 but will confirm with Sean.  Please bring your DAC along if you do make it.

shadowlight

« Reply #10 on: 27 Mar 2012, 02:26 am »

EDIT:  ohh, this may be a tough one.  Just realized its the day I have tickets to Roger Waters doing The Wall at Yankee Stadium... 

Start time is 1pm so you will have plenty of time to make the concert  :thumb:

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #11 on: 27 Mar 2012, 12:27 pm »
shadowlight, can you provide more information about this event.
Location, what to expect, number of people, gear, how to rsvp, etc.

I am confused.  Under MaxCast's poster name, Shadowlight posted the first info (start of this thread!).  Then, under the same MaxCast poster name, MaxCast asked Shadowlight further details.....  MaxCast = Shadowlight????? :duh: :lol:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: 27 Mar 2012, 12:41 pm »
Jason,

It is only about 2 hr flight from NC to Philadelphia or Newark airport.  Both airports are about 45 to 60 minutes away.  Philly is likely to be cheaper to fly into.
Yes, I know, I was born / raised in NNJ.   :wink:

Time doesn't allow though...

Levi

« Reply #13 on: 27 Mar 2012, 02:03 pm »
Shek, try not to confuse yourself too much.  You know what is going on (Deepak aka shadowlight posted this on the other website) ;).

Unfortunately, I can't make this one.  I heard the Zu Druids in Shadowlight's house with Pass Lab amp and Esoteric CD player.  They surely can rock!

Shadowlight has a big house and a great host!

I am confused.  Under MaxCast's poster name, Shadowlight posted the first info (start of this thread!).  Then, under the same MaxCast poster name, MaxCast asked Shadowlight further details.....  MaxCast = Shadowlight????? :duh: :lol:

shadowlight

« Reply #14 on: 27 Mar 2012, 02:08 pm »

Shek,

The Audio Show circle does not allow non-admin / moderators to start new thread and MaxCast started the thread so I can post updated information.  Hope that clarifies?

shadowlight

« Reply #15 on: 27 Mar 2012, 02:10 pm »
Shek, try not to confuse yourself too much.  You know what is going on (Deepak aka shadowlight posted this on the other website) ;).

Unfortunately, I can't make this one.  I heard the Zu Druids in Shadowlight's house with Pass Lab amp and Esoteric CD player.  They surely can rock!

Shadowlight has a big house and a great host!

You will be missed.

Ispec2

« Reply #16 on: 27 Mar 2012, 03:44 pm »
I saw on the Zu web site they might be bringing the new Driuid MKV. That should be very interesting.

Gopher

« Reply #17 on: 27 Mar 2012, 03:56 pm »
If I can make it, would it be a PITA for me to bring along a Redgum RGi120 ENR to try and hear with the Def 4s?  I had a regular RGi120 which was a golden synergy with my Superflys. 

If it made the same magic with the Def 4s I'd consider liquidating my analog rig and selling my VR-33s in favor of Def 4s with the simple integrated and my lampizator.   :icon_twisted:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #18 on: 27 Mar 2012, 04:43 pm »
I have heard the Def4 with our AN211 at 2 different occasions and they are magical. :)
If I can make it, would it be a PITA for me to bring along a Redgum RGi120 ENR to try and hear with the Def 4s?  I had a regular RGi120 which was a golden synergy with my Superflys. 

If it made the same magic with the Def 4s I'd consider liquidating my analog rig and selling my VR-33s in favor of Def 4s with the simple integrated and my lampizator.   :icon_twisted:

Gopher

« Reply #19 on: 27 Mar 2012, 05:02 pm »
Hugh,

I'm excited to hear that and the Audion!  Owning the Melody MK88 which you helped me out with, I expect greatness.