Help Please! How do I Improve the aesthetics of my Dual Servo Subs?

morganc

Yes I painted them white to Match the X-3s and the job was super easy. The sanding was easy and three coats of paint later and they are stunning.  I’ll try to get some photos soon. System now looks as good as it sounds ! 

Huskerbryce

For my two dual subs I went to a local granite yard.  Found a couple matching color sink cutouts as remnant and had them cut to 14x16” and flat polish them.  Those are glued to the tops.  For the bottoms had them cut some matching remnant 16x18” so it has a 1” lip at the bottom.  Cost was dirt cheap compared to a professional painter and it makes the cabinet rock solid.  Pun intended.   Downfall is that it adds 80lbs.   For the sides I am waiting on a local wood working guy to kiln, mill, and cut and sand and finish 4 (exotic) panel cuts of wood to glue on.  The wood came from my back yard when I recently cut a maple tree down.

Huskerbryce

Here is a picture of the wood.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Yes I painted them white to Match the X-3s and the job was super easy. The sanding was easy and three coats of paint later and they are stunning.  I’ll try to get some photos soon. System now looks as good as it sounds ! 

Could you post about the sound quality you are getting with the Dual subs over in the Spatial forum?  I used to own the X3's and always recommended people use the OB subs, but I never used the OB subs with my X3's, I just knew how good they were because of my Super 7's (which have the subs integrated). 

Early B.

For my two dual subs I went to a local granite yard.  Found a couple matching color sink cutouts as remnant and had them cut to 14x16” and flat polish them.  Those are glued to the tops.  For the bottoms had them cut some matching remnant 16x18” so it has a 1” lip at the bottom.  Cost was dirt cheap compared to a professional painter and it makes the cabinet rock solid.  Pun intended.   Downfall is that it adds 80lbs.   For the sides I am waiting on a local wood working guy to kiln, mill, and cut and sand and finish 4 (exotic) panel cuts of wood to glue on.  The wood came from my back yard when I recently cut a maple tree down.

You're gonna have to post pics of your cabinets are they are now and once you glue on the maple sides.

Huskerbryce

Right now they are simply spray painted black while I wait to pick up the granite and the wood.  Im out of town this week as well so will be next week before i get granite.  Not sure on the wood time frame.  I am also waiting for the rythmik to ship amplifier.  They were closed for a month and are not setting any records prepping orders to ship out.