Tempesta listening group impressions

jonbee

Tempesta listening group impressions
« on: 23 May 2011, 04:03 pm »
Just a quick update-  now that I've gotten things tuned up I had my listening group over yesterday to get their impressions. These 5 guys all have very high end systems and all have been in the hobby for many years.
 Originally scheduled for 2 hours but no one wanted to stop listening until well past 3 hours.  They were all very surprised at the sound (non-sound?) of the Tempestas. Every last attendee loved them. One suggested that I move them from house to house so that everyone could hear them in their own place.
Comments included- "they got the disappearing act down"- superb in room presence, big sound, beautiful cabinets, "very coherent and musical – little or no fatigue", "they really sound more like floor standers without that mid bass bump", excellent price.
BTW, I've gone to all Zu cables (Bok, Mission ICs, Libtec), which work wonderfully well with them. The cables are very refined and open, with a great soundstage.
So- the speakers were a great success with our group. I truly love these speakers, and I'm not alone. 
« Last Edit: 23 May 2011, 07:25 pm by jonbee »

music lover

Re: Tempesta listening group impressions
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2011, 07:22 pm »
Thanks for the continued feedback jonbee, I have had mine for 8-9 months now. The one thing I like also about these speakers is

that they work well in a small room, and you still get the big speaker sound with pin point imaging and soundstaging like a smaller

mini-monitor type speaker. So for members who have a condo or apartment like space, these would be perfect with the benefits

of the extension of a larger floor stander. Enjoy!