Using DEQX as x-over and room acoustic correction

ttan98

Using DEQX as x-over and room acoustic correction
« on: 19 Mar 2009, 10:15 pm »
Rick,

This is the first time post here. I believe you have some experience with DEQX and also extensive experience in x-over design.

I am thinking of get one DEQX(not cheap), my speaker system is curently using DCX2496(cheap), do you think this would be a path to follow in order to improve the overall sound quality. Will the sound quality improvement be dramatic or just different? What if I just design a passive x-over(still bi or triamp) to replace the DCX would this option(much cheaper) be as good option to follow?

Thanks for your time.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: Using DEQX as x-over and room acoustic correction
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2009, 05:32 pm »
Rick,

This is the first time post here. I believe you have some experience with DEQX and also extensive experience in x-over design.

I am thinking of get one DEQX(not cheap), my speaker system is curently using DCX2496(cheap), do you think this would be a path to follow in order to improve the overall sound quality. Will the sound quality improvement be dramatic or just different? What if I just design a passive x-over(still bi or triamp) to replace the DCX would this option(much cheaper) be as good option to follow?

Thanks for your time.

The DEQX is a great unit and in my opinion worth the extra cost over the Behringer - more flexibility, better connectivity. I think it's best for line arrays or multi-way designs where you'll really take advantage of what it can do.

ttan98

Re: Using DEQX as x-over and room acoustic correction
« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2009, 01:46 am »
Thanks for your response, my current DCX2496 is giving me sound I am fairly happy with, I am wondering whether it will be MAJOR leap forward in sound quality if I use the DEQX. Your answer is there is.

An alternative is to modify the DCX and I heard there is a major improvement in sound quality. I am tossing up whether I should go through this path or buy a DEQX which costs at least 10 times the price of DCX.

No response is requested from this post.