New RC5 pictures

Bingenito

New RC5 pictures
« on: 15 Jul 2006, 06:37 am »
I just placed the RC5's in my reference system  :wink: The spikes are not installed so that I can work on placement as they break-in.

Here are some quick photos for you. Enjoy... I know I will  :lol: :thumb:

ss397

Re: New RC5 pictures
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2006, 06:56 am »
outstanding looking speakers. if they sound as good as they look they are total winners.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2006, 09:08 am »
Very nice Bryan !!! Happy listening....nice work by Rick !!! 8)
Chris

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2006, 12:07 pm »
Fantastic looking Bryan and Rick!   :thumb:

George

Bingenito

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2006, 05:04 pm »
Glad that you guys like the look. They are beautiful if I may say so myself. Pictures do not do the finish justice. Rick and his cabinet maker hit a home run as far as I am concerned and I am probably the most nit picky person that you could possibly imagine. Walking into my room I have a smile from ear to ear   :D.

The figured walnut is just amazing.  Between the cabinet shape, proportions, veneer and the finish work I have to say that I am impressed.

I am working on the optimal placement now and running test tones. Sure I listened to a few hours of music... how could I resist. No comments yet except to say that I am a happy camper :dance:

JoshK

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2006, 05:15 pm »
Again, I think they are stunning!  I really dig the figured walnut.  Enjoy.  I think Rick did a really interesting design with these ones.  You'll have to let us know how you like the Seas crescendo series drivers. 

LadyDog

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jul 2006, 05:57 pm »
Agree with the others, what a great looking speaker.  Got the whole Khorus thing going on.

If they sound half as good as they look Rick will have another winner on his hands.

Bryan, keep us posted on how they sound.

Regards,
Jeff

Cacophonix

« Reply #7 on: 15 Jul 2006, 06:29 pm »
Yikes ... that is a seriously good looking speaker! Heart-achingly beautiful!! Awesome veneer!

Makes me want to try my hand at veneering/cabinet building inspite of sucking at it numerous times!!  :oops:

The way the edges are done looks great ... Rick, is that solid walnut lining the edges?

Occam

« Reply #8 on: 15 Jul 2006, 06:50 pm »
Gorgeous! Can they go loud? Enough Sd and Xmax to go loud? :wink:

Verrrry nice,
Paul

Bingenito

« Reply #9 on: 15 Jul 2006, 07:43 pm »
Thanks again guys! The edges and bases are solid Walnut.

Yes these speakers certainly have some output  :P

Not as loud as the big EV Eliminators in my gym system but plenty loud for any home environment.

bobarosa

« Reply #10 on: 18 Jul 2006, 07:29 am »
Very nice, but I couldn't help but notice the lower R hand midrange looks a little different (surround not as black), is this do to pic lighting or does it not match? The cabinets look fantastic though! I can't wait to read the listening review of the sound they make? How do they compare to say the RC4? I noticed you have them biamped, how much juice are you going to give them?

Bingenito

« Reply #11 on: 18 Jul 2006, 09:15 am »
Very nice, but I couldn't help but notice the lower R hand midrange looks a little different (surround not as black), is this do to pic lighting or does it not match? The cabinets look fantastic though! I can't wait to read the listening review of the sound they make? How do they compare to say the RC4? I noticed you have them biamped, how much juice are you going to give them?

Thank you for your comments!

The midrange color is the rooms lighting. The speakers are bi-wired with 150 watt Blue Circle Hybrid amp. Plenty of power for this speaker. Actually I would say that 100 watts would do the trick.

A full review will be posted once I spend more time with the speaker. I just got them Friday night so I would not want to jump the gun. I can compare the RC5 to other speakers at that time  :wink:.

More to come.....

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #12 on: 19 Jul 2006, 05:11 pm »
outstanding looking speakers. if they sound as good as they look they are total winners.

Thanks for the kind comments. We didn't just "knock it out of the park" on this one but also hit a grand slam  :D

jonasz

« Reply #13 on: 19 Jul 2006, 10:33 pm »
Rick, how does the Crescendo perform compared to Millennium and other high-end tweeters?

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #14 on: 20 Jul 2006, 02:39 am »
Rick, how does the Crescendo perform compared to Millennium and other high-end tweeters?

Without comparing them side-by-side it would be difficult to give you an answer. I can say that the Crescendo is very clean and effortless sounding. It's also robust enough to handle lower crossover points so you can use it with a wide range of drivers.

Marbles

« Reply #15 on: 20 Jul 2006, 03:05 am »
Very nice Rick..I have always liked a trapazoid shaped speaker.

klh

« Reply #16 on: 21 Jul 2006, 04:51 am »
Non only are the speakers beautiful... but so is your entire setup (room, equipment, bass traps, etc.). Well done :thumb:.

Bingenito

« Reply #17 on: 21 Jul 2006, 09:24 am »
Non only are the speakers beautiful... but so is your entire setup (room, equipment, bass traps, etc.). Well done .

Thank you very much!

I try to make everything match and still have some work to do on the room but the equipment and speakers are all set.

Al Garay

« Reply #18 on: 21 Jul 2006, 11:35 pm »
Get busy on your review.

rave959

« Reply #19 on: 22 Jul 2006, 01:47 am »
Yeah, I've been waiting for the review (and comparisons) ever since the pictures were posted!  :icon_lol:

Christian