jeenie67

« on: 25 Jun 2009, 02:27 pm »
...by the Cincinnati Pops orchestra with the choirs. I have it on SACD. Would anyone know where I may obtain it sealed in vinyl? Enjoy the sunshine...."Tanx"  Jeenie.

GDeering

Re: .....1812....
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2009, 03:47 am »
You'd think that they would have re-issued Dorati version on Mercury on Speakers Corner (every turntables nightmare).  I assumed it would be available, even if it's not the best version musically, not that I have a "best" version to recommend.

But you could get the Reiner 1812, http://store.acousticsounds.com/browse_detail.cfm?Title_ID=13574

Gregg

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2009, 10:23 pm »
I found this recording at a garage sale. I'd  never heard of Morton Gould before but I like the recording and the sound quality is surprisingly good. Unfortunately I don't think that they used real canon though. :(     RCA Red Seal Stereo shaded dog vinyl.

« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2009, 12:02 am by rajacat »

Wayner

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2009, 08:03 pm »
I have the mono version on RCA Victor LM-1134 Conducted by Arthur Fielder with the Boston Pops Orchestra. It's older than hell but in great condition. It has the real cannon in it. I tried to find a date on it but no luck.

Wayner :)

jeenie67

Re: .....1812....'s..
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2009, 01:14 pm »
Hi! Thanks!  I do have a copy on vinyl by The New York Philharmonic, Leonard Bernstein conductor. It too features live cannon. I grew up through rock and roll with this album bought in the 1970's to test my stereo; I fell in love with the music and have cherished it ever since. When I began building a real stereo system beginning in 2004, I purchased the SACD version by the Cincinatti Pops. The choir work on this disc brings me to tears sometimes.
I have bought copies of 1812 at the Goodwill and Salvation Army stores, but they lack a little (in my opinion) in their performance. The Boston Pops version is worth seeking out though....Arthur's a great man. Thanks for the album number Wayner...and all have a fine week!   Jeenie.