End of an era

CIAudio

End of an era
« on: 8 Dec 2021, 05:05 am »
After 25 years, CIAudio is calling it quits.

The last 2 years have been extremely difficult, and now we're in a situation where we can't get parts to build products, our chassis/custom part vendors have few employees, long lead times, and costs are through the roof.
Starting January 1st, we will end production of all products and retire the CIAudio brand.
We will continue to offer both warranty and non-warranty service, and we still have limited quantities of various products for sale.
Thank you to all who have supported us over the years, many of which have become close friends!
It's been a great run, but time to pursue some other interests.

Dustin Vawter-Channel Islands Audio
« Last Edit: 9 Dec 2021, 02:01 am by CIAudio »

Meicheng

Re: End of an era
« Reply #1 on: 8 Dec 2021, 06:03 am »
Hey Dusty, really sorry to hear this.  Wishing you the best in your future endeavors. 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 8 Dec 2021, 08:07 am »
Very sorry to know this bad news, hope we all can continue to listen to music in this dark future.

charmerci

« Reply #3 on: 8 Dec 2021, 08:13 am »
Sad news. Sorry to hear this.  :cry:

Craig B

« Reply #4 on: 8 Dec 2021, 12:13 pm »
I'm so very sorry to hear this, Dusty. I've been a fan since my old VDA-1 and VPP-1 days, and I use my PEQ1MkII daily and love it.

I know someone with their heart so deeply rooted in quality sound reproduction, and with a product track record like yours will find a new and satisfying place in our world, where you can continue to contribute to listeners' benefit.

Best of luck in whatever you choose to do.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 8 Dec 2021, 01:29 pm »
Sorry to hear this Dusty.  What's next?

Big Red Machine

« Reply #6 on: 8 Dec 2021, 01:52 pm »
Let's take a more positive view and celebrate the new opportunities on the horizon. You have met a crap-ton of us Audiophools over the years (can't imagine that many of us did not use one of your components at some time in our own journey), hopefully you have made a decent living out of it, and with the high level of satisfaction we have enjoyed through your products and abilities, you can move to the next phase proud and hopeful.

Three cheers to Dusty!   :beer: :beer: :beer:

mcgsxr

« Reply #7 on: 8 Dec 2021, 03:05 pm »
I have had the pleasure of one of Dusty's DAC's and outboard power supply in the past.  Excellent kit.

Thanks for the years of serving the fickle audiophile community Dusty!

gme109

« Reply #8 on: 8 Dec 2021, 03:27 pm »
Sorry to hear this Dusty. Unfortunately this same fate a waits many other companies as well, due to the insanity that's taking place around the globe.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #9 on: 8 Dec 2021, 03:28 pm »
Have always appreciated the quality, common sense, and understated approach to your products.  That's why I've brought more CI Audio pieces than any other brand (six).  Thanks again for all your help to get my DMC-1 running (even though I bought it used).  Disappointed that the CD transport (CDT-1) was a victim of your hardships. 

Hope your move to Maui will be enjoyable.

MttBsh

« Reply #10 on: 8 Dec 2021, 04:16 pm »
I'm very sorry to hear this dusty! you're a man who stands behind his fine products, whose customer service is above and beyond. That you need to call it quits says a lot about the sad state of smaller businesses everywhere. One day this supply chain mess will clear up, I know you will be successful in whatever you decide to do. I have enjoyed our conversations; we will meet again! Take care, Matt.

audiotart

« Reply #11 on: 8 Dec 2021, 04:38 pm »
As a long time fan and much more importantly, a friend, I just want to wish you nothing but the happiness and success with all of your future endeavors.  You’ve always put out high quality, superb sounding gear. 

You really are a great guy Dusty.  I’ve gotten to know you over the last 20 years and can’t say enough good things about what a decent human being you are. 

Enjoy this next chapter of your life. 

Love you brother.

Joe

gme109

« Reply #12 on: 8 Dec 2021, 04:44 pm »
If you really known what's going on with "The Great Reset", then you have a better chance of navigating the minefield that lies ahead.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #13 on: 8 Dec 2021, 05:17 pm »
Somehow, I thought this day would arrive. Many thanks for creating such great products and standing behind them with stellar service. I wish you a joyful futue as you settle into your new digs in HI. Enjoy life.

Michael

CIAudio

« Reply #14 on: 8 Dec 2021, 11:27 pm »
Thanks you all for your kind words!
We'll be closing our shop here in California at the end of the year.
Phone and email will remain the same, and our new ship to address for repairs is listed below.

Dusty Vawter
415 Dairy Rd. Ste E-209
Kahului HI 96732-2348

phone: (805) 984-8282
email: dusty@ciaudio.com

AKLegal

« Reply #15 on: 8 Dec 2021, 11:34 pm »
I'm really sorry to hear this. I never got the chance to try your amps but I used the Transient MKII and matching power supply for years.

Nordkapp

« Reply #16 on: 8 Dec 2021, 11:54 pm »
This sucks but I certainly understand. I wish you and your family the very best going forward Dusty. You're products are some of the best I've ever had the pleasure of owning. Good luck and godspeed. Mike.

Woodsage

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: 9 Dec 2021, 02:53 am »
All things come to an end and it doesn’t sound all bad. Moving to Maui ain’t half bad and you’ll be less than a half hour away from Coconut’s Fish Cafe in Kihei. They make the best fish tacos I’ve had and on the cheap.

Mahalo for many great years!

CIAudio

« Reply #18 on: 9 Dec 2021, 04:05 am »
All things come to an end and it doesn’t sound all bad. Moving to Maui ain’t half bad and you’ll be less than a half hour away from Coconut’s Fish Cafe in Kihei. They make the best fish tacos I’ve had and on the cheap.

Mahalo for many great years!

Thanks! Just had an Ono sandwich there last week 😋

MikeInAustin

« Reply #19 on: 9 Dec 2021, 04:36 am »
Best wishes Dusty.  I love my DMC-1.  Thank you for your support.