Show us your Home Theater room *** (photos) ***

Phil A

Re: Show us your Home Theater room *** (photos) ***
« Reply #300 on: 22 Jul 2020, 03:13 pm »
Great pics here.  This is my secondary HT and my main UHD system:

davidylyl

« Reply #301 on: 9 Aug 2020, 02:55 pm »
My first post - please bear with me.  I've never posted about my home theater before but it's FINALLY getting to the point where it might be worthy to share with others.

My 7.2.2 Atmos Home Theater

I built a home theater in our basement.  The first image shows one of my original drawings – I used Microsoft Visio, and a ton of research when designing the room.  I never did install the riser to have tiered seating, but that's still an option.  I've since gone with La-Z-Boy reclining love-seats, currently positioned in an "L".  And, there's still some trim work that just never got done (yet!).

Because of the small space I went with built-ins for the equipment and the side sub, with rear access, and started with built-ins for DVDs, but the DVD collection has gotten WAY out of hand and I keep adding shelving (which REALLY needs to go).  I designed floor to ceiling bass traps into the front corners to help control low frequency energy in the room.  I also chose the room's height, width & length ratio to help spread out the room nodes.  Acoustic foam panels control first reflections from L & R front.  There are also acoustic panels on the front wall behind the screen.  The thing I'm probably most proud of is the flat response (+/- 2db, and no phase anomalies in the audible range) from around 17 to 80 Hz, where I cross to the mains.  The MiniDSP helped quite a bit with that, though!

All wiring is Monster in-wall that terminates to walls jacks, and I even cut the wires to the speaker groups to be the same length – the 4 side/rear cabling is the same length, the 3 LCR cabling is the same length (OCD, I know).  My one regret is the drop ceiling but was a necessity for other reasons.  I did have the small black apartment fridge and microwave mentioned in the drawing but have retired those (the fridge made noise).

I have some voice control that I'm still playing with, mainly for powering on and off and selecting inputs, and for lighting control.  "Alexa, I want movie" powers on the receiver, the DVD player, the projector, and sets all inputs; "Alexa, lights down" sets lighting to 20%; that kind of thing.  I then use the Harmony universal remote to control playback.

The image on the screen is a before/after of the in-room base response.

Electronics:
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX303 7.2.2 receiver
Samsung Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray player
Lenovo i5 mini PC
Roku Ultra

Control and processing:
Logitech Harmony Hub with Remote
Amazon Alexa
TopGreener smart dimmer for lighting control
MiniDSP 2X4 HD

Speakers:
NHT SuperZero FCR
Mission 77ds bipole side and back surrounds
Micca coaxial Atmos speakers
Dual SVS PB-1000 subs

Display:
Epson Home Cinema 4000 4k projector
Dalite 106” HCMW screen

Power conditioning:
APC Line-R 1250

azchump

« Reply #302 on: 11 Sep 2021, 04:01 am »
Room size - 15'D x 20'W x 10'H
Speakers - Tekton Double Impact Custom Made in Wall Left - Roght and Center with Atmos Rear speakers and two giant subwoofers.
Integra - 11 Channel amplifier
Chairs -  4seating.com.  sound shaker bass with full power
JVC R3000 Projector

See pictures: 

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #303 on: 20 Sep 2021, 11:42 pm »
Wow, very nice!   :thumb: Thank you for posting. Anyone else have anything?

Vince in TX

« Reply #304 on: 21 Sep 2021, 04:29 pm »
This is my DIY passion project (although I did have contractors build, paint and carpet the room, my buddy and I built the riser in his barn).   I'm still finalizing everything (adding the sconces, adding additional room treatments), but the speakers are finally complete after I finished building the GR Research subs and surrounds (surrounds were finished and calibrated just over a week ago).   I'm still waiting on an Odyssey amplifier and shopping for a good stereo pre-amp to round out the sound equipment for music, and then I'll start shopping Audiophile cables.   It already looks and sounds amazing even though it's still a work in progress.

The movie prints are 3" mineral wool acoustic panels (hand-built by a local hobbyist who also built the ceiling panels).   Front corner bass traps are 6" mineral wool (from Acoustimac).   Front panels behind the speakers are also Acoustimac, 12"x48"x2" (angled slightly upward), 2x Primacoustic Cumulus Broadband Ceiling Corner Traps are at the back of the theater.   I have 8x GIK Acoustics QRD diffusers on order for the slanted ceilings and the back wall(s).

Projector:
Sony VPL-VW715ES

Screen:
126" Stewart Filmscreen 2.35:1

Speakers:
2x GR Research X-Static AV123 with Skiing Ninja Crossovers
1x GR Research X-Voce AV123 with Skiing Ninja Crossover
4x GR Research A/V-1RS
2x GR Research Servo Sub 4
1x SVS SB-2000 Pro (at the back of the theater on a 180 degree reverse polarity)
4X Bowers & Wilkins CCM684 (ceiling ATMOS)

AVR:
Marantz SR8015

Home Theater PC (doubling as a Plex Server):
ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VI, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 16GB DDR4-2600, 1TB NVMe (primary), 9TB Western Digital NAS, AMD Radeon Pro WX7100

Blu-ray:
Panasonic DP-UB9000

Lighting and Control:
Lutron - Caséta with 5x smart dimmers
Savant Pro

Seating:
Seatcraft Venetian with Soundshaker technology
Front row curved

EDIT:  Incidentally, no Home Theater is complete without the popcorn maker.    :popcorn: :thumb:

EDIT 2:   Done!   (Except for QRD Diffusers)    :thumb:

« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2021, 02:42 pm by Vince in TX »

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #305 on: 23 Sep 2021, 11:51 pm »
Wow, that's incredible. Thank you!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #306 on: 24 Sep 2021, 02:15 am »
I want to come over for a movie!  😎

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #307 on: 22 Feb 2022, 04:18 pm »
This is my DIY passion project (although I did have contractors build, paint and carpet the room, my buddy and I built the riser in his barn).   I'm still finalizing everything (adding the sconces, adding additional room treatments), but the speakers are finally complete after I finished building the GR Research subs and surrounds (surrounds were finished and calibrated just over a week ago).   I'm still waiting on an Odyssey amplifier and shopping for a good stereo pre-amp to round out the sound equipment for music, and then I'll start shopping Audiophile cables.   It already looks and sounds amazing even though it's still a work in progress.

The movie prints are 3" mineral wool acoustic panels (hand-built by a local hobbyist who also built the ceiling panels).   Front corner bass traps are 6" mineral wool (from Acoustimac).   Front panels behind the speakers are also Acoustimac, 12"x48"x2" (angled slightly upward), 2x Primacoustic Cumulus Broadband Ceiling Corner Traps are at the back of the theater.   I have 8x GIK Acoustics QRD diffusers on order for the slanted ceilings and the back wall(s).

Projector:
Sony VPL-VW715ES

Screen:
126" Stewart Filmscreen 2.35:1

Speakers:
2x GR Research X-Static AV123 with Skiing Ninja Crossovers
1x GR Research X-Voce AV123 with Skiing Ninja Crossover
4x GR Research A/V-1RS
2x GR Research Servo Sub 4
1x SVS SB-2000 Pro (at the back of the theater on a 180 degree reverse polarity)
4X Bowers & Wilkins CCM684 (ceiling ATMOS)

AVR:
Marantz SR8015

Home Theater PC (doubling as a Plex Server):
ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VI, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 16GB DDR4-2600, 1TB NVMe (primary), 9TB Western Digital NAS, AMD Radeon Pro WX7100

Blu-ray:
Panasonic DP-UB9000

Lighting and Control:
Lutron - Caséta with 5x smart dimmers
Savant Pro

Seating:
Seatcraft Venetian with Soundshaker technology
Front row curved

EDIT:  Incidentally, no Home Theater is complete without the popcorn maker.    :popcorn: :thumb:

EDIT 2:   Done!   (Except for QRD Diffusers)    :thumb:

Vince,

Awesome design and implementation!

What size is your room?

George

Vince in TX

« Reply #308 on: 22 Feb 2022, 04:33 pm »
Vince,

Awesome design and implementation!

What size is your room?

George

Thanks!   It's an odd-shaped room, but the width at the front is 15' with the long wall around 22'.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #309 on: 22 Feb 2022, 06:30 pm »
Thanks!   It's an odd-shaped room, but the width at the front is 15' with the long wall around 22'.

Thanks Vince.

I'll post pics down the road of when I get it "picture worthy".

My room is roughly 21 X 12 X 8.

The back left has a little kitty corner and the front left has a door that opens into a good sized closet.

Here is the gear list:

• LG OLED C1 77" TV
  • Denon 3700 AVR - powers surround back and Atmos speakers
  • Salk Song Towers/Song Center for L/C/R
  • Swan Diva R3's for side surrounds
  • Salk Song Towers for rear surrounds
  • (2) SVS PB-2000 Pro subs
  • (4) SVS Elevation for Atmos (2 in front and 2 in back)
  • Parasound Halo A-51 5 channel amp - powers L/C/R and side surrounds
  • XBOX X, Nvidia Shield Pro, PLEX server, and Roon Server for sources
  • Blue Jeans Cable - Belden 5T00UP 10 AWG Speaker Cable
  • Blue Jeans Cable - LC-1 IC's between Denon and Parasound
  • Monoprice HDMI cables
  • Various Power Cords and UberBuss into a dedicated 20amp line
  • Room treatments from GIK and Real Traps

All of the above is now functional, but far from pretty (wires and equipment are everywhere).

New front row seating (Three Valencia Tuscany chairs) is on the way, and I will put either two recliners or a couch on a 7" platform behind that to finish off the seating.

When done, I can only hope it looks half as good as yours!

George
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2022, 07:42 pm by zybar »

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #310 on: 22 Feb 2022, 07:27 pm »

My dedicated room (23x11x7ft.) with 5.1 setup (2014-2021 R.I.P.)
-Sony XBR-85X900F
-Arcam AVR-450
-Arcam BDP-300
-Yamaha DVD-S659
-Dune HDTV
-URC MX-450
-Dynaudio Excite X44 with IsoAcoustics speaker pads Gaia III
-Dynaudio Excite X24
-Dynaudio Excite X14
-Dynaudio Sub 600 with IsoAcoustics speaker pads Gaia III
-Vicoustic Panels

Barry_NJ

• So much media... So little time...
« Reply #311 on: 8 Mar 2022, 08:02 pm »
Well, since my post here in back in 2019 I've made some changes.

I added a sub back in April of 2020...

IMG_20200613_084638 by Barry, on Flickr

Then in August of 2020 I added Atmos speakers on the ceiling in anticipation of an Atmos enabled receiver...

PXL_20220212_204931990 by Barry, on Flickr

And finally last month I picked up a Marantz SR6015, and went about getting the rack re arranged and the AVR all hooked up...

PXL_20220207_224509385 by Barry, on Flickr

PXL_20220208_030938260 by Barry, on Flickr

Audio-System-Map-20220210 by Barry, on Flickr

PXL_20220308_192440317 by Barry, on Flickr

I also changed my screen material from a Dove Gray Canvas to White over Black Spandex, image sharpness has dramatically improved as has acoustic transparency

PXL_20220308_195011857 by Barry, on Flickr

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #312 on: 9 Mar 2022, 12:38 am »
Very cool room, I love those side curtains!

Mrcurci

« Reply #313 on: 14 Mar 2023, 04:47 pm »

TomW16

« Reply #314 on: 14 Mar 2023, 09:33 pm »
It’s been a few years in the same home theater room. I changed main stereo speakers to Martin Logan Ethos, added Atmos speakers to the ceiling (Atmos wasn’t a thing when the theater was built), and have updated most of the equipment over the years (projector, processor, amps, subs). As you can see in the attached picture, I have also painted the ceiling and side walls darker and added an LED lighting shelf near the ceiling. I added the LED shelf to conceal a new HDMI cable that was required when 4K was introduced. It also worked for routing the Atmos speaker cables.

Tom

My dedicated home theater / stereo room is almost complete but I still need to stain the front AV cabinet to match the wood on the main speakers.  The room is in my basement and was purpose built to be as symmetrical as possible and sound proofed.  Room treatments includes bass traps in the front corners and treatments on the side walls as well as behind the curtains on the front wall. 

Special thanks go to Bryan Pape who helped design the room and place the acoustic treatments.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #315 on: 14 Mar 2023, 10:52 pm »
Very cool room folks, thanks for posting!
This thread has been dormant for a year now, I've been thinking about 'bumping' it, so thank you for that as well.

Bob

andysuandthecats

« Reply #316 on: 22 May 2023, 08:05 pm »
stormaudio elite mkIII 32
Dolby Stereo CP200 CP500 CP750
Sony SDDS D3000
dts cad5 professional

16 feet long , 10.5 feet wide , 7.8 feet high

JBL professional cinema 4673A five screen wide L Lc C Rc R

surrounds , overhead surrounds JBL professional cinema 8330 mkII x11 side/back and 8330A overheads x9 that use DOG channels and extra below matrix surround steering with JBL control 1 x11

amp rack so amps are silent , laserdisc is still active , laser 4k projection with lucasfilm ltd THX sound system crossover/monitor

WGH

« Reply #317 on: 23 May 2023, 02:56 pm »
stormaudio elite mkIII 32
Dolby Stereo CP200 CP500 CP750
Sony SDDS D3000
dts cad5 professional

16 feet long , 10.5 feet wide , 7.8 feet high

JBL professional cinema 4673A five screen wide L Lc C Rc R

surrounds , overhead surrounds JBL professional cinema 8330 mkII x11 side/back and 8330A overheads x9 that use DOG channels and extra below matrix surround steering with JBL control 1 x11

amp rack so amps are silent , laserdisc is still active , laser 4k projection with lucasfilm ltd THX sound system crossover/monitor

If there was an award for most equipment in a small room you would win hands down.  :thumb:

I have been curious if Dolby Atmos and other object orientated decoding algorithms can place sounds in a 3-D space. The side surrounds in my 7.1.4 setup are not located where they should be so 3-D is compromised although I do get nice rear and overhead immersive sounds.

Your sound lab looks like it would be close to a virtual reality chamber.

JimmyPowers

• Industry Participant
« Reply #318 on: 17 Dec 2023, 08:39 pm »
Home theater room we just built. PMC In wall CI Speaker kit. Marantz Cinema 50. Crestron. Acoustical Solutions Wall-Mate fabric wall kits and Vicoustic Vic strip diffusion panels.

Alain Arseneault

• Double A
« Reply #319 on: 18 Dec 2023, 12:34 am »
Hi all.
This topic - circle is not for me.
I see all the home cinema rooms that are hi-tech and hi $ $ $ home cinema rooms.
My set up is inexpense entry level or call it cheap if you want, but I like it a lot.
Anyway, I like looking at all those hi-tech rooms...

Double A