BDP-1 SPDIF issues

mforsy

BDP-1 SPDIF issues
« on: 2 Aug 2021, 05:24 pm »
I just had a BDP-1 hooked up to my Rega DAC. All seemed good - Roon recognized it and the front panel told me that the song was playing. However, there are actually two spdif connectors on the back as opposed to the single normal connector shown in the documentation. Fine. Except that the one I need doesn't work. There's another that looks like a glorified TV cable connector; if I touch that connector with the cable the signal flows. But the normal spdif output doesn't seem to have anysignal at all flowing thru it.

The owner of the unit uses the AES/EBU output and has no issues, although he says that in days gone by he did use that particular spdif output.

Anyone have a clue ? I reset the unit to factory, rebooted it multiple times and still that output is silent. Is there some sortof internal 'switch' at play here ? Anything Bryston can do via remote ?

zoom25

Re: BDP-1 SPDIF issues
« Reply #1 on: 2 Aug 2021, 07:27 pm »
Pull up the Manic Moose interface and make sure both AES and SPDIFS outputs are turned on. You can toggle each one on/off individually.

R. Daneel

« Reply #2 on: 3 Aug 2021, 04:23 pm »
I just had a BDP-1 hooked up to my Rega DAC. All seemed good - Roon recognized it and the front panel told me that the song was playing. However, there are actually two spdif connectors on the back as opposed to the single normal connector shown in the documentation. Fine. Except that the one I need doesn't work. There's another that looks like a glorified TV cable connector; if I touch that connector with the cable the signal flows. But the normal spdif output doesn't seem to have anysignal at all flowing thru it.

The owner of the unit uses the AES/EBU output and has no issues, although he says that in days gone by he did use that particular spdif output.

Anyone have a clue ? I reset the unit to factory, rebooted it multiple times and still that output is silent. Is there some sortof internal 'switch' at play here ? Anything Bryston can do via remote ?

Show us a photo of the rear. No BDP had a 2nd S/PDIF output so someone could have done some mods and messed something up in the process.

vonnie123

« Reply #3 on: 5 Aug 2021, 03:15 am »
Pull up the Manic Moose interface and make sure both AES and SPDIFS outputs are turned on. You can toggle each one on/off individually.

Can you post a screen shot of that "toggle"

Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 5 Aug 2021, 11:46 am »
I think the second output may be BNC?

james