New to the club

RobUS

New to the club
« on: 25 Jul 2021, 09:06 pm »
Hey guys..  I'm Rob, a very happy owner of a pair of M4 Triode Masters.   I wanna join the club!

Desertpilot

• Retired
Re: New to the club
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2021, 11:24 pm »
Hey guys..  I'm Rob, a very happy owner of a pair of M4 Triode Masters.   I wanna join the club!

Welcome Rob!  You are here.  That makes you a member of the club.

Marcus

franSSS

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2021, 02:14 pm »

Welcome Rob, A lot of interesting reading here.

glfrancis

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2021, 06:13 pm »
Not a member yet, but posting this to allow for use of the search function. Hope to get a pair of x5

franSSS

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2021, 06:04 am »
Not a member yet, but posting this to allow for use of the search function. Hope to get a pair of x5

Have you auditioned them yet?

glfrancis

« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2021, 10:08 am »
I have someone less than 4 hours away that has a pair of x5. He was going to let me take a road trip to test them out.

Manolo

• Consulting Structural Engineer
Re: M4TM
« Reply #6 on: 14 Aug 2021, 01:15 pm »
I have had a pair of M4TM’s for a while, and they are fantastic. And I can readily compare them to the regular  M4’s because mine were. And got then upgraded to the TM version. The main difference was in soundstaging and depth due I guess,  to the additional back firing tweeter. The new xover seemed to have better parts quality than the previous but it did not look like a big difference. The TM versions of the M3 and M4, it seems to me, were not offered for a long period and did not get a chance to be thoroughly reviewed and appreciated. I drive these with Pass and First Watt amplification and being a nominal 12 ohm impedance -TM’s were supposedly optimized for SE amps.- maybe is not optimal but the combination is superb, anyway. I’ve seen a few offered for sale and that would be a grand opportunity to get into the Spatial sound at a reasonable cost. I have pondered getting a pair of Saphire M5’s but wonder if it would be a real upgrade. And, due to their weight it would be very costly to ship them to where si live. So keep enjoying your M4 TM’s Rob.

franSSS

« Reply #7 on: 15 Aug 2021, 09:14 am »
I have pondered getting a pair of Saphire M5’s but wonder if it would be a real upgrade. And, due to their weight it would be very costly to ship them to where si live.

Did you  ask Clayton if the difference is worth an upgrade?

Manolo

• Consulting Structural Engineer
« Reply #8 on: 15 Aug 2021, 12:05 pm »
I will !

franSSS

« Reply #9 on: 15 Aug 2021, 01:50 pm »
I will !
Please let us know the feedback? Will be good to hear.

sumoking

« Reply #10 on: 15 Aug 2021, 02:20 pm »
Did you  ask Clayton if the difference is worth an upgrade?

The M5 speakers are far superior than your M4TM.
If you really like what your M4’s are doing, then be ready to be blown away.
If Clayton has any concerns with your amp, then get the right amp to match it.
Your M4TM can only take you so far in your journey.