Anyone heard any new "hyped" speakers brands i.e. Tekton

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Anyone heard any new "hyped" speakers brands i.e. Tekton
« Reply #20 on: 9 Dec 2020, 11:31 pm »
Michael ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ... you really need to buy these ...

:rotflmao:

I only just now saw your post. Thank you. This feels so good on my 12th day of symptom-free quarantine. Get ready Taiwan! I am nearly unleashed.  :icon_twisted:

geowak

Re: Anyone heard any new "hyped" speakers brands i.e. Tekton
« Reply #21 on: 14 Jun 2022, 08:11 pm »
Very, very late to the party. I bought the Tekton Double Impact SE in March 2022 and they were delivered in late April 2022. I asked for Aleutian Blue color. They are amazing. The things I noticed that may or may not have been mentioned.

1. They can be driven to loud levels with low power. I drive them with 28 or 32 watts of tube power per side.
2. They will reveal bad recordings and not so great electronics. You have better, you get better sound. Your source (quality of sound) might surprise you for the worse?!
3. They are forward sounding. I have Vandersteen 2CE Signature IIs and they are more laid back. Sound comes from rear.
4. Big bass.
5. Takes time to break in, still getting better as I listen.
6. Heavy (over 100lbs per speaker)
7. Not the end all, I don't see them as giant killers. Just great for the money.

IMHO