RMAF 2011

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
Re: RMAF 2011
« Reply #20 on: 17 Aug 2011, 07:43 pm »
My wife and I are going. Got reservations at the hotel and passes. I plan to come away with my new speakers!!!! Top of the list are the Salk sound scape 10's, Classic Audio T3's, PMC and Wilson Sophias. I don't know if Wilson will be there. Can't wait :D

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: 17 Aug 2011, 08:00 pm »
My wife and I are going. Got reservations at the hotel and passes. I plan to come away with my new speakers!!!! Top of the list are the Salk sound scape 10's, Classic Audio T3's, PMC and Wilson Sophias. I don't know if Wilson will be there. Can't wait :D

I've always enjoyed the Classic Audio offerings. 

David C

« Reply #22 on: 17 Aug 2011, 08:08 pm »
I have not heard the classic audio but currently have a really old pair of LaScalas that were in storeage during our time in the UK. I have updated the crossovers and tweeter  but want a nice pair for my retirement and the horns coupled with the cone woofers of the T3s seems a perfect match. Still enjoying the Abbeys?

Charles Calkins

« Reply #23 on: 17 Aug 2011, 08:17 pm »

Make sure you hit the Von Schweikert room. Great sounding line of speakers.                       

Cheers
                                            Charlie

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #24 on: 17 Aug 2011, 08:40 pm »
Charlie,
Did you ever get a roommate?  The wife has decided not to go, so I am going by myself.

Scott

vinyl_lady

« Reply #25 on: 17 Aug 2011, 08:42 pm »
This will be my 7th year in a row. Missed only the first. Staying at the HGI next door. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :thumb:

David C--you owe it to yourself to audition Lou Hinkley's Daedalus Athena speakers at RMAF. They will be in the ModWright and First Sound rooms. http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=94819.0

Laura

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #26 on: 17 Aug 2011, 09:52 pm »
Can't wait!!! Counting the days :D

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 17 Aug 2011, 09:58 pm »
Still enjoying the Abbeys?

That's an understatement.   :thumb:

Charles Calkins

« Reply #28 on: 17 Aug 2011, 10:03 pm »
Charlie,
Did you ever get a roommate?  The wife has decided not to go, so I am going by myself.

Scott
Scott:
 No I haven't. I thought I had one of our Buds that would share the room with me but I haven't heard a word from him. If you're really interested I'll have to have your info. so I can tell Marriott there will be two of us in the room. The room rate will go up $10.00. From $99 to $109 per night. Just send me a personal message with your info.

Cheers
                                               Charlie

David C

« Reply #29 on: 17 Aug 2011, 10:07 pm »
Laura
I will be sure and audition the Daedalus Athena. I remember your advice from a previous e mail. See you there :D

fsimms

« Reply #30 on: 17 Aug 2011, 10:11 pm »
Charles,

I thought I was confirmed as your roomate :scratch:

Bob

Charles Calkins

« Reply #31 on: 17 Aug 2011, 10:30 pm »
Charlie,

Scott

Scott:
   I just heard from Bob about sharing the room. He is on for sharing the room. I didn't get his personal info. so I thought he had made other arrangements. He will send me the info. I need for Marriott.

Charlie

vinyl_lady

« Reply #32 on: 17 Aug 2011, 10:40 pm »
Laura
I will be sure and audition the Daedalus Athena. I remember your advice from a previous e mail. See you there :D

Looking forward to meeting you :thumb:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #33 on: 17 Aug 2011, 10:46 pm »
  Scott:
   I just heard from Bob about sharing the room. He is on for sharing the room. I didn't get his personal info. so I thought he had made other arrangements. He will send me the info. I need for Marriott.

Charlie
No problem, and probably just as well.  The wife has accused me of snoring, measured at 99dB at .5M. I deny it as a vile rumor, as I have never heard the alleged snoring. 
Scott
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2011, 03:15 am by S Clark »

Charles Calkins

« Reply #34 on: 17 Aug 2011, 10:56 pm »
Darn Frau!!!
 Always spreading rumors!

Charlie

mgalusha

« Reply #35 on: 18 Aug 2011, 02:40 am »
Reserved my room this week as I don't feel like driving home every day. Looking forward to seeing everyone and all the goodies on display.

mike

Douger

« Reply #36 on: 18 Aug 2011, 03:18 am »
I am coming for my second year, staying at Marriott Courtyard Tech Center. $64.00/night with my AAA membership, instead of $99!
Looking forward to seeing you all, and I only need to remember not to exceed my budget... Canterburys and Space 294 took care of that :lol:

Charles Calkins

« Reply #37 on: 2 Sep 2011, 05:09 pm »
I was just on the RMAF site. The Marriott Tech center is completely sold out. 616 rooms. 160 for exhibitors. That means that 456 rooms are for KooKoo's like me. Going to be a very big crowd this year. Will be very fortunate to see 1/3 of the exhibits.

Cheers
                                                Chharlie

SoCalWJS

« Reply #38 on: 3 Sep 2011, 07:18 pm »
I was just on the RMAF site. The Marriott Tech center is completely sold out. 616 rooms. 160 for exhibitors. That means that 456 rooms are for KooKoo's like me. Going to be a very big crowd this year. Will be very fortunate to see 1/3 of the exhibits.

Cheers
                                                Chharlie           

Uhh oh, I may have waited too long. What are the other hotels that are right there at the Tech Center (easy walking distance)?

Big Red Machine

« Reply #39 on: 3 Sep 2011, 07:25 pm »
The Hyatt is directly across the street and 3 minute walk.  Nice place, little more money, didn't care for their breakfast set-up so I ate at the Marriott.