ACI Pulse Subwoofer Info?

aggielaw

« on: 18 Nov 2005, 04:06 am »
There is a pair of Pulse passive subs for sale on another audio site.  I haven't been able to find much information on them, though.  How do they compare sonically to the Force subs for 2-channel music?  Do they have line or speaker-level ins and outs, and/or a crossover?

I have an old Hafler DH-500 (225w x2, I think) that needs minor repair and will be in great shape; will this drive a pair of Pulse subs?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Howard

Mike Dzurko

Re: ACI Pulse Subwoofer Info?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2005, 12:25 pm »
Quote from: aggielaw
There is a pair of Pulse passive subs for sale on another audio site.  I haven't been able to find much information on them, though.  How do they compare sonically to the Force subs for 2-channel music?  Do they have line or speaker-level ins and outs, and/or a crossover?

I have an old Hafler DH-500 (225w x2, I think) that needs minor repair and will be in great shape; will this drive a pair of Pulse subs?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Howard

Howard:

The last catalog I find the Pulse in was around 1989 . . .  16 years ago.  . . they may be a year or two newer than that, didn't find a copy of the 90 or 91 catalog. They were passive subs, no amp or crossover. Speaker input, you'll need an electronic crossover. The Hafler would drive them well. They each had two AC10" woofers in  push-pull compound load. F3 was 34Hz with sen of 87db. I don't think they'd really compare to the Force. . . I'd call them more of a woofer than a sub by today's standards. Hope this info helps!

aggielaw

« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2005, 04:32 am »
Exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks, Mike! :)