Sapphire XL center channel

ajayrav

« on: 31 Aug 2005, 04:19 pm »
Hello Mike,

Just wondering if you have any more info on the Sapphire XL center, specifically, if they will be shielded, design (w-mt-w etc.), and projected availabilty.  I just love my XLs and am looking to expand my family (speaker-wise that is!)

Mike Dzurko

Re: Sapphire XL center channel
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2005, 01:58 pm »
Quote from: ajayrav
Hello Mike,

Just wondering if you have any more info on the Sapphire XL center, specifically, if they will be shielded, design (w-mt-w etc.), and projected availabilty.  I just love my XLs and am looking to expand my family (speaker-wise that is!)

Sorry for the slow reply . . . . the first few days of the school year put me behind every year :)

We have been working on the Sapphire XL center . . .  we really want to be able to deliver before Christmas if at all possible. We're finalizing some details and doing what is hopefully the last round of measurements and listening tests. IF all pans out, should have details within a week or two. Thanks for asking!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2005, 03:48 pm »
Only a couple of months late with this info  :nono:

Okay, here's a bit on the Sapphire XL Center for those of you patiently waiting:
Three-way design with vertical mid-=tweeter array, (as our other centers), 21' wide, 9" tall, 13" deep, approx. 40 llbs It is about 90% magnetically shielded, should be okay in most placements with CRTs. It is the perfect sonic match to the XLs. . . and since I was just asked this, yes, no reason you couldn't use three across the front above or below a screen. More info as it is available!

ajayrav

« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2005, 07:07 pm »
Now all we need is a picture or two and a price!  Not to be pushy or anything....... :lol:

thedeskE

• http://www.thedeske.com
« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2005, 05:56 pm »
Nice and compact - just like the XLs.

Any info on the drivers - SknSpk?
What's the mid?

E

mdubrow

« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2005, 06:44 pm »
Quote from: ajayrav
Now all we need is a picture or two and a price!  Not to be pushy or anything....... :lol:

:thumb: