FS: Paradigm S8v2 (Excellent)

jb5200

FS: Paradigm S8v2 (Excellent)
« on: 10 Nov 2014, 11:42 am »
Hey Folks,

Due to a major shift in audio gear it pains me to sell these beautiful Paradigm S8's v2 with the famous Beryllium tweeter. I have heard every tweeter (except for plasma) in the industry and beryllium is the best. It provides the detail of diamond with the air and sweetness of ribbon (to dry for me). Why do you think a lot of the major high end companies (Focal, Magico, etc.) use it!

These are in excellent shape - I would conservatively rate them at an 8/10. The only thing I could find wrong was a line of smudging along the top of one of the speakers which you can only see if you stand right up to them, I tried to get it in some pics and was marginally successful (see pics). They aren't scratches b/c when you run your finger over you cannot feel it. I am the second owner and I drove to Indiana from WI to pick these up and when I loaded them I just boxed them and didn't tape the tops closed (didn't think I needed to and the foam from the packaging rubbed against the top causing the smudges! Obviously this has no effect on sound b/c they sound and look amazing! The prettiest speakers I have seen in a long time with a solid Cherry cab instead of veneer!

Everything else about the speakers are in excellent shape - the grills are in excellent condition - no pegs broke off, common with these (in fact I have 1 extra brand new that you will receive)!

These are extremely heavy (100lbs a piece) so at this time I am not interested in shipping but I invite you to Oshkosh, WI to listen to them. I powered them with the Emotiva XPA-1 500w monoblocks I had in another add for sale and these compete with speakers a lot more expensive!

Price is $4500 or best offer and am willing to meet to save on the drive!

Thanks for looking

jb5200

Re: FS: Paradigm S8v2 (Excellent)
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2014, 11:38 am »
New price $3800.00

jb5200

« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2014, 02:33 pm »
Cherry Friday Sale - $3200!!!

jb5200

« Reply #3 on: 5 Dec 2014, 12:51 am »
I am now considering shipping these at the buyers expense but I have to warn you bc it will be expensive bc they weigh 100 lbs each!

jb5200

« Reply #4 on: 21 Dec 2014, 03:08 pm »
Sold!