Revisiting fuses for V2 SE's

VW

Revisiting fuses for V2 SE's
« on: 1 Jun 2009, 08:32 am »
I am wondering if any V2 SE owners have experimented further with internal fuses. I tried the Hi Fi Tuning ones with my Modwright 9.0 SE Signature pre-amp and there was an immediate improvement for the better. Warmer mids and more nuance and detail. Under advice from Dan Wright, I installed  the next size up ' audio ' fuse  as he maintained  hi-end fuses are not the right type of slo-blo fuse.   

I tried internal 5A slo-blo ( as are the originals ) Hi Fi Tuning fuses with the V2 SE's, and at first thought there was a ' warmer ' positive difference but later noticed it was at the expense of some sound stage focus, with a less precise soundstage overall.  Even to the point of it sounding a bit ' fuzzy '.  This may have been a system dependant thing or mechanical vibration issue though the Nu Force were sitting on a Grand Prix Audio Monaco shelf.  However I was using the stock power cords and since have Oyaide Tunami with FIM 302 IEC's ( gold plated copper ) which grip very strongly, even tighter than the Oyaide COO4  IEC's ( which sounded a tad too bright  on the V2's) so the outcome could now be possibly different.  I thought if I tried it again it would be either with the Isoclean or Furutech fuses. Anybody have any comments on this - Furutech make only a 6A slo-blo fuse in the range that suits the Nu Force.