XStatiks....Finally dipped my toes in and joined the GR-research family

Jmitchell3

So not the traditional build but I’m happy enough to see what the fuss is about without an initial time investment. Thanks to @Trekker for parting with his beautiful upgraded AV123 XStatiks! Imaging and soundstage so far are more than I could’ve imagined. I’ve got a weekend of listening ahead for sure! Way to go Danny, what a speaker!!

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Very nice!
I'd love to hear more of Danny's speakers, esp the X+Statiks and NX- Oticas. Glad you could get your hands on a pair!  :thumb:

hawkeyejw

Very nice, I should be listening to mine for the first time this weekend as well.

Jmitchell3

Very nice, I should be listening to mine for the first time this weekend as well.

Nice!!!

AlexH

Congrats. Nothing like new gear.

Jmitchell3

Congrats. Nothing like new gear.

So true! Need to quit changing stuff and mount some panels and Clean up some wire runs lol.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Those are really good looking speakers.

Jmitchell3

Those are really good looking speakers.

So many of the marketing photos made the baffle look almost orange. It’s not. It’s a medium to medium dark finish. Original owner took good care of these I haven’t found a blemish yet. First experience with semi OB or OB and I must say the imaging and soundstage is creepy good. Can’t imagine the otica’s or extremes... also texture and separation is very very good. A testament to Danny’s drivers.

Jmitchell3

For every time mike Lundy has told me about GR research OB center imaging I know now what he is talking about. It’s downright insanity.

trekker

These speakers I sold to @JMItchell3 are the speakers reviewed here: http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/av123-x-statik-loudspeaker-2/  The crossover was upgraded with Skiing Ninja XO kit after receiving the reviewer’s speakers.

I’m glad they went to a Good home and being enjoyed.  I wasn’t able to properly place these speakers in the room due to WAF  :cry:

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
I got my Statiks from the AV123 leftovers sans grills.  I forgot how good those look. 

Jmitchell3

These speakers I sold to @JMItchell3 are the speakers reviewed here: http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/av123-x-statik-loudspeaker-2/  The crossover was upgraded with Skiing Ninja XO kit after receiving the reviewer’s speakers.

I’m glad they went to a Good home and being enjoyed.  I wasn’t able to properly place these speakers in the room due to WAF  :cry:

Many thanks!!! I’m lovin them. Had an hour break since I got home for a phone call but other than that been binging. ;)

Jmitchell3

For posterity, driven by a marantz 6012 as preamp with two hypex nc400 monoblocks @200wpc into 8ohms with an SVS pb13ultra with one of three ports plugged for low end ranging to 14hz.