remote control

andre

remote control
« on: 24 Aug 2003, 05:02 pm »
I know that I need a TVC, since I have bought a Django for a Lady,a friend, then I saw your pages.
I have not decided yet which is best for me:
-Your blue towers are a real showpiece (but the dimensions are nowhere!), but I don't know, if it is correct to have the most important piece, probably 2 silver trannies, in a simple box, hidden anywhere and I cannot turn the switches..
-Your new kit is muuuuuuuuuch more beautiful, but I think there is a problem, if I want remote select too. Yes, you mention 3 relays outputs which could be configured in different ways, but my idea is that it should be possible to directly select from remote and at the pre(not step by step), at least 4ch.
You also mentioned a learning remote control, but I would like to use the unused buttons on my beautiful Teac remote control, I mean I have not found a receiver that can learn, but just cheap senders.
I know this is impossible.
- You see my idea is to select inputs directly(with pushbuttons) and control volume with a knob as well.
- The choice of relay is difficult, Silver, Gold , Rhodium, sealed, gas filled, reed, I understand that you keep the brand of your TAP relays.

Nevertheless I hope to come to a decision one day.
I thank you very much for your work!!
Andre

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
remote control
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2003, 03:07 am »
Hello!

Lots of stuff in that post! I'll do my best to reply.

1- I have plans to do a relay source select board this fall. There will be a push button for sequencing through the 6 inputs but not a button for each input - there is just not enough I/O on the little board to do that and I have already gone through too many expensive board revs... . This will only end up an option on the pre-built unit and could be refit to any NOH chassis. Fot lots og folks this is not a big deal since often when you change sources you need to get up anyway - to change records or cd's.

2- The TAP Base unit is about 17"W x 8"D x 5" high.

3- The TAP Bent Unit does not 'have to be' hidden away - it's a separate module so that you can locate it in your system to optimize cable lengths and routing without having to worry about accessing it to operate the level control, etc.

Many Thanks!

John