News

Louis O

News
« on: 17 May 2004, 01:07 pm »
Hi everyone,

It's been a while and the website needs to get updated. I am in the process of updating it and it should be done at the end of the week.

Products page is going to include the Grande 6, Grande 8, BPCs, and the TS33. So all will be in the same place.

Prices of the speakers are going to be moved to a separate price page.

A new accessories page will be added and include : Omega Audio interconnects and speaker cables as well as Hudson Audio interconnects, speaker cables, powercords, phono cables, Lehmann products.

Subwoofers page will include recommended subs.

The leather speakers are being completed and will be based right now on the Super 3s driver. I still have to figure out which wood I want to go with for the front and back panel. The ports are 2" flared and the cabinets will be available with a choice of drivers including the Alnico and FX120.

Supertweeters are still being worked on and it looks like they will be in a leather wrapped tube type enclosure. Phil is working on this and should be done hopefully soon.

It may be time for a floorstander and I'm toying with the idea of either a twin driver front firing, like the TS33 or a BPC with larger drivers. At first I may do the TS33 type with Grande 6 drivers.

Thanks again,
Louis

Bwanagreg

News
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2004, 04:38 pm »
Louis,

Sounds like some interesting stuff.  The leather speakers should be amazing looking.

Have you ever considered a back-loaded horn design for a floorstander? I realize that's a totally different animal - just curious.

Louis O

News
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2004, 01:01 pm »
Hi Greg,

Thanks and I went to Phil's shop the other day to look at them and they are looking very good. He used padding under the leather and double stitched the corners. The leather is black connelly. I now have to decide on the wood. I want to use Cocobolo, but it's very expensive. I might try mahogany too.

At this point I'm going to stick with the BR and maybe try a back horn in the future. I think for a floorstander I would go with multiple full range drivers in a BR for now.

I did get in some custom Babb drivers made for me and they look pretty interesting. This is a work in progress and I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again,
Louis