Omega TS-1 ( need some help )

Wil!

« on: 19 Jun 2006, 02:28 pm »
Hi all,

I have a pair of Omega TS-1s that are about a year old.

I havent found any where to ask about Omega speakers but since i chanced upon this forum, i might as well ask here.

Out of the box, one of the drivers had little brown spots on them. The other was clean. Ths spots have since been there and the drivers have looked like that since day 1.

Sonically, both sides sound fine and i cannot detect any unbalance or anything of that sorts between my speakers.

Do i have any cause for concern?

Thanks and cheers.

Wil!

« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2006, 01:26 am »
Anyone?
 :(

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2006, 09:39 am »
Louis himself probably needs to be the one to answer this.  Unfortunately he doesn't visit everyday.  Did you buy the speakers new?  

Sounds like mold to me.  Any idea if they were stored in a cool/damp space?

Wil!

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2006, 10:08 am »
Thx for the reply.

Unfortunately, i dont live in the states.
The dealer here has closed as well.

The driver was like that out of the box. If didnt really bug me, but it hit me that fostex drivers are essentially paper cones and im worried that the driver might be damanged due to mould growing off it.

But a year has passed and the cone remain intacts and the brown spots did not grow in size......As i said, the other fostex is pristine. No marks or anything of that sorts on it.

Im in Singapore and it's humid all year round here. Perhaps this could attribute to the spots?

Guess ill have to wait for Louis to come in.  

Cheers!

Louis O

Re: Omega TS-1 ( need some help )
« Reply #4 on: 1 Jul 2006, 12:36 am »
Hi Wil,

Sorry about missing the question here and glad we talked about it on the regular e-mail. I sent some replies today about the shipping to Singapore.

Talk to you soon,
Louis