all I want for Christmass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Please post what you hear from Klaus.  My monos are waiting for them too.

Bryan

BobC

I also have equipment on order.  I spoke with Klaus a couple of days ago and he said that he's still waiting.  He hopes to have them soon though.

DMi

Spoke with Klaus on 1/18 in the evening and he told me that Piltron transformers has a promised latest deliver date of 1/19 (today) with him. He doesn't know how many he will get on the order (but he knows what was on order) and they are delivering slowly so no promises. Besides that he is swamped with orders so I don't want to bug him much; it's good to be popular.

Running a small business for 20+ years myself I understand his situation. He has orders which is a good thing but his business like mine is small and delivers service which along with custom equipment is his forte. My business has a few more employees with twelve on staff and I also have contractors at times but I get it... cash flow and vendors are frustrating at times. Klaus lives on his word and on customer word of mouth about his products and services.

For now I know my amplifiers are at the top of the to do list and like many I am waiting. At this point with some hope I'll get the call to swap him one Stratos Stereo Plus to be upgraded to HT3 for a couple of extreme monoblocs.

Doug

Frihed91

DMI is right
« Reply #23 on: 20 Jan 2007, 01:30 pm »
Orders are pouring in everywhere. Small guys can't keep up.

bpape

• Industry Participant
That's why I haven't bugged him.  Figured the info is getting generally posted here on this thread and he doesn't need another phone call at this point.

Bryan

lazydays

That's why I haven't bugged him.  Figured the info is getting generally posted here on this thread and he doesn't need another phone call at this point.

Bryan

from reading all this, I can't believe how lucky I was! I caught Klaus at a time when things were a little slow, and had my two amps back in less than ten days. The preamp took about ten weeks, and actually caught me by surprise.
gary

bpape

• Industry Participant
Yeah - it kind of sucks for him that his suppliers didn't ship when they promised.  Not much he can do though.  Others would likely try to sub another part in but he'll stick to his guns for what he thinks is the best part for the job.  That's what I like about Klaus and Odyssey.  It's a proven design that has been tweaked and he knows it inside and out.  Personally, I don't know how he builds what he does for what he charges.

Bryan

dangerbird

Klaus is a "stand up" guy,,he has certainly been more than fair with me,,not to mention patient,,I wish him prosperity and good health,,,Klaus--you  "numbah one "

DMi

I have a scoop for those waiting on transformers. Please keep in mind I have no idea where your order is in Klaus's queue and I sucked up a little of his time to find this out. I was told that my amps are number two on the list right behind a system order he needs to fullfill first. Transformers shipped from his supplier on 1/19 as they should have in three or four days they should be at Odyssey. Next week I should be able to slide over and pick up my amps and drop off the stereo unit for it's upgrade.  :thumb:

Cool!

Doug

bpape

• Industry Participant
Good news - hope he got all he needed.  Guess I need to start planning the road trip to Indy to go see Klaus and pick them up. 

Deadfish, are you listening?

Bryan