upgraded crossover for tyler acoustics decade d2 speakers

kedoades

Hello,  I have a pair of tyler acoustics that I would like to upgrade the crossover.  Is this something that a novice can do.  Was wondering if Danny still assembled the upgraded crossover for this speaker?  I have had these speakers for about 5 years and still love them very much.  thanks

Danny Richie

Re: upgraded crossover for tyler acoustics decade d2 speakers
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2018, 08:01 pm »
  Hello,  I have a pair of tyler acoustics that I would like to upgrade the crossover.  Is this something that a novice can do.  Was wondering if Danny still assembled the upgraded crossover for this speaker?  I have had these speakers for about 5 years and still love them very much.  thanks

As you probably know, I designed those speakers for Tyler Acoustics.

I also recommended parts quality, types, and brands. However, Ty typically used a lower cost verity of components, wire, and binding posts. He also really liked heavy bass and tweaked several models to his likely by increasing the range of the lower woofers. This thickened up the bass and lower vocals.

So I can provide you with everything you need. And I can walk you through assembly. Or I can send you competed crossovers to install. I'd also replace the wiring. I'd replace the binding posts with some tube connectors, and line the cabinets with No Rez.

Improvements across the board can be considerable.

kedoades

« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2018, 10:49 am »
  Thanks Danny for your response.  I am very interested in trying all of these upgrades.  Like I said before I have never done a crossover upgrade and was hoping it was something someone with no experience could do.  Also the no rez and tube connecters look interesting too.  I would pay to have you assemble the crossover but do you think I could be able to install in the speaker,   thanks for your time

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2018, 03:05 pm »
  Thanks Danny for your response.  I am very interested in trying all of these upgrades.  Like I said before I have never done a crossover upgrade and was hoping it was something someone with no experience could do.  Also the no rez and tube connecters look interesting too.  I would pay to have you assemble the crossover but do you think I could be able to install in the speaker,   thanks for your time

Yes, you can install it yourself. You will have to do some soldering of the wiring to the drivers. But that is not too hard.

Or you can show up on a Saturday with the speakers and we can install everything together.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2018, 03:41 pm »
danny, have you already worked on crossover upgrades for the old av123 ref 1  bookshelves?

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2018, 04:09 pm »
danny, have you already worked on crossover upgrades for the old av123 ref 1  bookshelves?

Yes, I designed a new crossover for them. I have before and after measurements and everything.