Subwoofer hookup...

PSB Guy

Subwoofer hookup...
« on: 28 Jul 2009, 11:55 pm »
I'm having a Virtue One delivered soon. I'm going to be using it with a pair of PSB Apha B1s and a SubSeries 1 Sub. Should the LFE input/crossover switch be set to "External Crossover (LFE Input)" or "Internal Crossover"? Sorry if this seems like a silly question.

PSB Guy

dvenardos

Re: Subwoofer hookup...
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2009, 12:19 am »
Use the internal crossover on your sub and then set the value to blend the sub to your speakers.

panomaniac

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2009, 01:57 pm »
Correct.  The "sub out" of the Virtue is full range mono.   Use the crossover in your sub.

PSB Guy

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2009, 05:44 pm »
Thanks for the help, much appreciated. Really looking forward to using the amp...

Welborne

• I love open baffle with 100db sensitivity!
« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2009, 08:57 pm »
Thanks for the help, much appreciated. Really looking forward to using the amp...

so, in a way, the "sub" out can be seen as a "pre-out" the level of which is adjusted at the same time when the volume of the Virtue amp is turned, just they are MONO. Am i correct?

dvenardos

« Reply #5 on: 1 Aug 2009, 05:16 am »

so, in a way, the "sub" out can be seen as a "pre-out" the level of which is adjusted at the same time when the volume of the Virtue amp is turned, just they are MONO. Am i correct?

Okay, no one is going to answer. Yes, you are correct.  :D

panomaniac

« Reply #6 on: 1 Aug 2009, 05:17 am »
Yes, correct!  It is really just a mono out that is taken from the volume control.  You supply the crossover and subwoofer.

This was done to make it easier to hook up a sub.  Using speaker level connections on a bridged amp like this is not easy.  It is not an LFE output.