FS: Manley 50 watt tube monoblock amplifiers - SOLD

thehighend

This listing is for an excellent condition pair of Manley 50 watt monoblock amplifiers.

They look and sound wonderful. Full spare complement of NOS tubes included.  No issues.  I'm letting go of this and several other gems only because of demands elsewhere.

These sets hardly ever come up for sale. There is currently a non-working used pair on eBay for $3,900.

$---- plus shipping and payment fees if applicable; I accept & prefer PayPal friends/family.  If you live near Oregon's Willamette Valley and can make a local pick-up, that would be terrific.

« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2019, 05:13 pm by thehighend »

danvprod

Re: FS: Manley 50 watt monoblock amplifiers
« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2019, 08:06 pm »
Beautiful amps! GLWYS. Someone will be very happy.

thehighend

Re: FS: Manley 50 watt tube monoblock amplifiers
« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2019, 03:02 pm »
Agreed, and the interior attention to detail is impressive. 

« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2019, 05:48 am by thehighend »

Zkidd

« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2019, 06:16 am »
Hi,
I agree! Those amps are gorgeous. Please help me out with a question: the binding posts seem similar to binding posts I have seen on some Classe amps and others were the posts will accept spades only and not banana plugs. i currently bi-wire with two separate sets of cable (as was the advice of the manufacturer of said cable) and I use spades and banana plugs. Would I be able to use my current cables with these amps or would I have to reconfigure the cables for use with these amps?
Thanks for your help and time...

thehighend

« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2019, 07:03 pm »
The original posts are not designed for banana plugs.  Btw, there are banana-to-spade adapters...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017IA8QKK.
Cardas makes some too.

Zkidd

« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2019, 05:46 am »
I have some of those adaptors and while excellent for the older style screw strips or "barrier strips" that one sees on older products like early CJ amps, or Quicksilver amps, I found the adaptors do not fit well over modern day binding posts as the posts seem to have too much width for the "forks" on the adaptors, and those forks or openings do not take kindly to be pried apart. I was curious as I have several expensive speaker cables that I use that have bananas and I am not keen on the idea of replacing them plus I bi-wire and use two sets of cables and not just one "shotgun" arrangement, hence the need for a binding post that can accommodate more than just spades.
Thank you for your help.

thehighend

« Reply #6 on: 5 Apr 2019, 03:46 pm »
Bump / lower price

thehighend

« Reply #7 on: 8 May 2019, 11:21 pm »
Bump with lowered price.

chitlins-parmigiana

« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2019, 11:15 pm »