LIO at the NY Audio Show '15

SteveKi

LIO at the NY Audio Show '15
« on: 10 Nov 2015, 04:40 pm »
This was my first audio show, I had a great time. Met Vinnie in person and experienced first hand his passion for music and audio.
If I could award a best in show it would be the LIO/Volti/Triode combo. Truly amazing.

I had a surreal LIO experience on Sunday morning. I was sitting in the sweet spot and the amp rack transmogrified into a female vocalist. My eyes saw an equipment rack, my ears heard a woman standing there singing to me. This was the first time in my life reproduced music ever sounded real. It was one of life's moments, I want that in my room.

Was at NYAS '14 and the LIO/SHL5 duo was the only rig I truly mistook for live music... And I grew up the son of a musician and work in theatre/film, so I hear lots of types of performances. It was so good, it was creepy.
I understand completely.

Steve Kijak

Edit: Sunday morning I was listening to LIO as pre hooked to the VR120 amp.
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2015, 10:12 pm by SteveKi »

Vinnie R.

Re: LIO at the NY Audio Show '15
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2015, 05:45 pm »
Hi SteveKi,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the VR Forum!  It was a pleasure to meet you and many other new faces, and seeing
plenty of familiar ones as well.

Thank you for visiting our room at the NYAS'15, listening to our system, and posting your feedback!

All,

The system consisted of the following components

- Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, DSD/PCM DAC, PHONOSTAGE)
- Vinnie Rossi VR120 stereo power amplifier
- Volti Audio Vittoras and ELF cabinet
- Triode Wire Labs cables throughout (interconnects, speaker cables, USB, 75-ohm BNC to BNC coax)

Sources used

- My Palmer 2.5 Turntable with Audio Oragami PU7 tonearm and Dynavector Te Kaitura Rua cartridge, for spinning LPs
- Macbook AIR, for playing off the SSD, and attendee's USB sticks)
- My modded CD transport on battery power (not a production unit) with 75-ohm BNC coax output, for playing CDs

My guess is that we were spinning vinyl 80% of the time with the LPs that Pete and I brought, and some really good ones
brought by show attendees!

Room Treatment

- RealTraps Mondo bass traps
- Lots of show attendees standing behind the chairs along the walls - you guys make it sound even better!  :green:

Special thanks to Greg Roberts and Triode Pete for all their hard work with me on making this showing a big success -
it really sounded FANTASTIC in there!

Here are some low-res pics of our NYAS'15 show room:

I'll post more soon... I have a lot of catching up to do on emails, phone calls, and your LIO and VR120 orders!  :hyper:

Thank you,

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2015, 05:48 pm »

The coverage starts with Michael Lavorgna posting on Audiostream.com:

www.audiostream.com/content/new-york-audio-show-2015-coverage

* Credit for all 3 photos goes to Michael Lavorgna / www.audiostream.com *

Vinnie R.

« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2015, 07:04 pm »
More, from Art Dudley of Stereophile:

www.stereophile.com/content/new-york-audio-show-finis

8)

Vinnie R.

« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2015, 08:56 pm »

dex67

« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2015, 09:06 pm »
i was in your room Sunday around 11 AM...i think it had the best sound at the show!! great job!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2015, 08:20 pm »
i was in your room Sunday around 11 AM...i think it had the best sound at the show!! great job!

Thanks, dex67!  Glad you enjoyed it with us!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #7 on: 18 Nov 2015, 12:49 am »
Some more feedback from the NYAS '15... This time from Rick Jenson of EnjoyTheMusic.com...

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/New_York_Audio_Show_2015/page3.htm (bottom)

Quote from: Rick Jenson / EnjoyTheMusic.com
...it all made for wonderful music that impressed with the sense of space (not always easy in show conditions).

Vinnie R.

« Reply #8 on: 20 Nov 2015, 05:29 pm »
More from NY, by Steve Marsh of 6moons.com

http://6moons.com/industryfeatures/nyc2015/3.html

Quote from: Steve Marsh / 6moons.com
I’ve gotten to know the Volti Audio Vittora speakers quite well, having heard them over several years at RMAF paired with Border Patrol electronics. I have always been very favourably impressed. At this show, the Volti were partnered with Vinnie Rossi’s LIO modular system. Configured here as tube preamplifier, DAC and phono stage for $6’775, the LIO fed Vinnie’s new VR120 ultracapacitor-powered amp ($4’995 stereo amp, $9’595 for a pair of monos). I must say that the system exhibited the same wonderful rich tone it did with the Border Patrol tube amps...

...I had a lot of fun here especially listening to the wonderful selection of premium/audiophile vinyl on the Palmer turntable, Vinnie’s personal unit. This may have been my most enjoyable room at the show. Vocals were just sublime as demonstrated on record after record.

:thumb: