spikes!

sjh500

spikes!
« on: 14 Sep 2007, 10:07 pm »
I would like some suggestions on what spikes to use under my speaker stands? The De Capo's are on 24 inch stands filled with sand, they will now go on top of a wood floor so I need suggestions on good spikes into those little discs? Thanks!

sjh500

Re: spikes!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2007, 10:34 pm »
Nobody has any insight on isolation cones of any sort?  :scratch:

Tweaker

« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2007, 01:20 am »

ssglx

« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2007, 01:57 am »
In my view its every bit as important what you put under your DeCapo's....

Chris

sjh500

« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2007, 03:00 am »
ssglx, what are you using? I was hoping to get some insight from people on stuff that they have had success with.

some young guy

« Reply #5 on: 20 Sep 2007, 03:12 am »
i'll second the star sound spikes...
http://www.starsoundtechnologies.com/shopping.html
...and these http://herbiesaudiolab.home.att.net/bigfat.htm for the interface between the speakers and the stands.

samtheman

« Reply #6 on: 23 Sep 2007, 08:17 am »
Hi,guys Norwei

gian Soundcare Super spikes,they have special safety model spike.Sonical chage is tight base,moor focus it made mybe litlebit lean upper base. PERKELE!I made litle mistakes whit tabulatur
Bes regards Sam the man

ssglx

« Reply #7 on: 23 Sep 2007, 11:38 am »
Sorry about the delay...The best luck I've had is with Star Sound 0.2 cones and with Vibrapods.  I stuck with the Vibrapods. Good clarity, but a little phat'er sound with the 'pods. Great low level dynamics.

With this isolation from the stands, I now pay much less attention to the stand fill and spikes. I have spent quite a bit of time though with stand fills and interface under my monitors.

Chris