New De Capo Owner i, looking for phenolic stands

livcio

New De Capo Owner i, looking for phenolic stands
« on: 23 Jun 2007, 01:25 pm »
Hello everybody from Bonn, Germany,

I just purchased a used pair of Reference 3As De capo i on Audiogon and I am amazed by thier musicality and precision. I like them a lot, even if I drive them currently with a Linn Classik 'all-in-one' component (those got in the meantime quite unexpensive here in Europe), which might be considered in a somehow 'lower' class. Cables are Paul Spelz anti-cables with Audioquest silver bananas (crimp). I mostly listen to contemporary (modern) jazz stuff.

I found this forum very interesting and involving !!!

However, it seems that I need some help from the beginning, as I don't yet have appropriate stands and, although european companies offer quite a lot of good ones (especially in the UK), their heigh is not adjustable and more importantly, they are not heigh enough. According to Reference 3A, a MINIMUM of 30 inch (70 cm) should be used.

So I would try to go with reference 3A phenolic stands and I would be interested to know if there is by accident somebody on the forum willing to sell these (for upgrade reasons, etc.).

Thanks in advance anyway !!

Adrian

uncontop

Re: New De Capo Owner i, looking for phenolic stands
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2007, 01:34 pm »
Adrian,

I do not have Reference 3A stands to sell. My suggestion is to look into finding a pair of Skylan stands. Skylan is a Canadian manufacturer and the owner will custom make the stands for you. Go for the 4 post design, at 26" - 30" depending on your seating height. You want the tweeter to be slightly above ear height. Get the phone number on line and talk to him direct. He is a great guy.

tubo68

Re: New De Capo Owner i, looking for phenolic stands
« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2007, 06:02 pm »
Hi Adrian,

I´m pretty much surprised to read about a person having the Reference 3A MM de Capo and living in the same town in Germany. I bought these speakers app. 6 months ago and I´m still very happy with them. To my experience choosing the right stand is of considerable importance. We can talk about mutual experiences, if you´re interested. I´m going to send you an Email.

Best regards,

Hendrik