Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #2040 on: 4 Jun 2017, 01:52 am »

This is what I see right now, a work in progress but I like where Chris is going.
David

Next release will see

-the ability to choose the image of the artist and blurred background
-change the identified artist in case the incorrect artist was selected
-identify missing albums, singles or ep's
-album booklets, local and from musicbrainz
-identifying similar artists in your database
-open external links (twitter, wiki's and homeoages) within the gui
-artist descriptions will expand when clicked/touched

XMAN

« Reply #2041 on: 4 Jun 2017, 04:58 am »
Next release will see

-the ability to choose the image of the artist and blurred background
-change the identified artist in case the incorrect artist was selected
-identify missing albums, singles or ep's
-album booklets, local and from musicbrainz
-identifying similar artists in your database
-open external links (twitter, wiki's and homeoages) within the gui
-artist descriptions will expand when clicked/touched
Good job Chris MM is looking better and better the addition of Booklet view will be very nice.  I was using Soundirok but i think my ipad is to sucky with all of the updates that were done so MM is now my go to, keep up the good work!

Marius

« Reply #2042 on: 4 Jun 2017, 10:27 am »
As much as I don't want to kill a bdp-3 sale, I intend to bring some of these features to the default view and the new still under construction dashboard v2.  I don't intend to get to creative about it on the default view, but at least some things will get  included.  Working on identifying similar artists to a selected artist and finding and making use of album booklets should be featured in the next update.

Cheers
Chris

Cool Chris,
wasn't implying postponing a bdp3 sale, on the contrary.
But if you would be able so squeeze some of this new functionality into default view, upgrading the bdp1with that, i might be tempted to ..... Would be really magnificent indeed.

Thanks a bunch.

Cheers,
Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2043 on: 6 Jun 2017, 09:52 pm »
Good job Chris MM is looking better and better the addition of Booklet view will be very nice.  I was using Soundirok but i think my ipad is to sucky with all of the updates that were done so MM is now my go to, keep up the good work!

I've added some booklet support in tonight's beta update among a few other additions.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #2044 on: 7 Jun 2017, 07:12 am »
I've added some booklet support in tonight's beta update among a few other additions.

Cheers,
Chris

Thx Chris, but i believe you've added these in Artist view, not default view? Otherwise, how could i enable viewing this booklet.pdf for example:

Meant to ask you a long time, but never came around to... : would it be possible to create several 'favorite's ' in the (default view) browser? As it stands, i have to go deep into the folder structure to find some of my most played folders / music files. I don't want to create them as playlists, because i don't play the same files over and over, but want to start browsing from that nested place in the library. Lets say Root/Klassiek/Klassiek/Renaissance/Ensemble/Tallis Scholars... This requires at least 5 clicks before selecting one of the albums i am looking for. One extra when coming from elsewhere in the library (creating the long-click-Back to the Root upon my request made that possible long time ago). Creating a favorite for Tallis Scholars would facilitate this process enormously .

Of course i could double these folders in the root, but i don't want to as it would create redundancy in the library causing all sorts of other trouble...

Having 5 or so favorites at hand would be a great start  :thumb:

Cheers,
Marius

« Last Edit: 7 Jun 2017, 02:04 pm by Marius »

Marius

« Reply #2045 on: 7 Jun 2017, 02:02 pm »
Hi Chris,

where can we find the artist menu? It s not the same as artist view is it?  :scratch:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2046 on: 7 Jun 2017, 02:53 pm »
Hi Marius

Click on the Artist View - top right corner in Media Player

james

Marius

« Reply #2047 on: 7 Jun 2017, 03:04 pm »
So it was the artist view. great. :thumb:
 killed most of my library now to enable the BrystonDB and test drive it once more.

Thanks!
Marius

Hi Marius

Click on the Artist View - top right corner in Media Player

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2048 on: 7 Jun 2017, 03:06 pm »
So it was the artist view. great. :thumb:
 killed most of my library now to enable the BrystonDB and test drive it once more.

Thanks!
Marius

Good idea to clear the cache as well

james

Rod_S

« Reply #2049 on: 7 Jun 2017, 04:00 pm »
Just curious if are are ever going to get the ability to sort our albums by date (ascending and descending) within the Artist or Album Artist groupings?

Marius

« Reply #2050 on: 7 Jun 2017, 08:59 pm »
Good idea to clear the cache as well

james

No luck just yet... should i see my playlist on the left, or the album art of all albums in the library?

this is what default view is showing:

thx,
Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2051 on: 7 Jun 2017, 09:01 pm »
Album Art of all in library - are you using a BDP-2?

james

Marius

« Reply #2052 on: 7 Jun 2017, 09:06 pm »
No a BDP-1.
Ive had it build the Bryston DB and see no progress-message anymore,(saw that before so i know the BDP-1 can do that) so take it to be finished. Is there a way one can test that, whether the Bryston Db has been built 100%?

Marius

Album Art of all in library - are you using a BDP-2?

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2053 on: 7 Jun 2017, 09:48 pm »
Hi Marius

That's a Chris question but I know as we add these features more computing power is required.

james

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2054 on: 8 Jun 2017, 12:30 am »
No a BDP-1.
Ive had it build the Bryston DB and see no progress-message anymore,(saw that before so i know the BDP-1 can do that) so take it to be finished. Is there a way one can test that, whether the Bryston Db has been built 100%?

Marius

If it were the get stuck the message build bryston db would continue to be displayed in the lower right corner until you rebooted the BDP; I guess we could add some system to show when it was last built.  There's also a reset db button in media player settings that forces the BDP to rebuild it.

Marius

« Reply #2055 on: 8 Jun 2017, 06:21 am »
If it were the get stuck the message build bryston db would continue to be displayed in the lower right corner until you rebooted the BDP; I guess we could add some system to show when it was last built.  There's also a reset db button in media player settings that forces the BDP to rebuild it.

Indeed the message Build Bryston dB was displayed along with the current percentage. I've let it do its work for a while, and the message is gone;-) no error message on the homepage like before, so I took it for finished successfully.

An extra control system would be helpful indeed.

Cheers,
Marius

Larry Dickman

• Restricted
« Reply #2056 on: 8 Jun 2017, 06:31 am »
Keep this up and I'm dumping roon

Marius

« Reply #2057 on: 8 Jun 2017, 06:59 am »

Ive done a rebuild with these settings:

Might the covert optimization be necessary for the artist view to show correctly? (I've disabled it because it still creates all the bryston art files in the library). Once MM creates these elsewhere in a dedicated folder, I could enable optimization again. Would you be willing to consider that Chris? A dedicated folder for the bryston art files?

Marius

Marius

« Reply #2058 on: 8 Jun 2017, 02:54 pm »
Believe I've got it working!
Had to undress a bit further, building the Bryston Db got stuk on 38%, causing a crash.

This is what shows with only the 2 original Bryston thumbs attached.
Proves its working, and still work to do ;-)

Cheers,
Marius

Marius

« Reply #2059 on: 9 Jun 2017, 10:28 am »
Indeed the message Build Bryston dB was displayed along with the current percentage. I've let it do its work for a while, and the message is gone;-) no error message on the homepage like before, so I took it for finished successfully.

An extra control system would be helpful indeed.

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Chris,
Please consider adding some feedback as to what causes the Bryston DB to crash also...

Cheers
Marius