Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #1960 on: 25 Nov 2016, 02:08 am »
Good stuff. Can we assume that the new software will work on the BDP-1 / BDP-Pi, but maybe won't work as fast or with the same number of albums?

Thanks to the pi's quad core CPU and gigabyte of system memory I'm not expecting much of an issue other then it won't be able to handle organizing as large of a database as the BDP-2.  To avoid wearing out the system storage and to avoid bottle necks we organize the database in system memory and then save it to the system storage.

These are simply guesses based on my library of 30,000 song database, others using the feature might be able to shed more light.

BDP-2: likely atleast 100,000 songs
BDP-Pi: 50,000 songs
BDP-1/1USB: 20,000 songs

I believe Marius has been using it on his BDP-2 and he has a pretty sizeable library, not sure if he's throwing everything at it though.

I hope to have the current dashboard v2 ported to the Pi's firmware tomorrow.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #1961 on: 25 Nov 2016, 09:18 am »
HI Chris,

never thought of this before  :duh:  but would it be possible to have a power-off button in MM? maybe next to the System - Reboot and Reset buttons? Plenty of room.

Power-switching seems to be the only function of the hardware buttons we don't have in the software yet?
My Marantz Na7004 even has a power-on function that would be cool too...

cheers,
Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1962 on: 25 Nov 2016, 04:17 pm »
HI Chris,

never thought of this before  :duh:  but would it be possible to have a power-off button in MM? maybe next to the System - Reboot and Reset buttons? Plenty of room.

Power-switching seems to be the only function of the hardware buttons we don't have in the software yet?
My Marantz Na7004 even has a power-on function that would be cool too...

cheers,
Marius

Hi Marius,

I don't believe there's any way of telling the power supply micro to shutoff from within the linux firmware

Cheers,
Chris

Krutsch

« Reply #1963 on: 19 Dec 2016, 03:56 pm »
I've been playing around with the V2 Dashboard. Looks pretty nice and seems to work well in its latest iteration:

S2.31 2016-12-17
Build: Manic Moose
MPD: 0.19.19 NEWS
Kernel: 3.16-0.bpo.2-486

The only issue I've run into is special characters in the artist or album title as displayed in the pop-up:

Artist is: Hélène Grimaud (correctly displayed everywhere else in the app).

Nice work!

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #1964 on: 19 Dec 2016, 04:52 pm »
Grimaud can be excellent when she's not pampering her wolves....

Try her Emperor Concerto. Staatskapelle Dresden.  :thumb:

cmarinsr

« Reply #1965 on: 20 Dec 2016, 12:26 am »
In my setup, Tidal is not working with the latest MM beta (2016-12-17). This issue started with 2016-12-16. Am I the only one with this issue?

Krutsch

« Reply #1966 on: 20 Dec 2016, 03:23 am »
Grimaud can be excellent when she's not pampering her wolves....

Try her Emperor Concerto. Staatskapelle Dresden.  :thumb:

I have that disc and it's excellent!

Krutsch

« Reply #1967 on: 20 Dec 2016, 03:19 pm »
I've been playing around with the V2 Dashboard. Looks pretty nice and seems to work well in its latest iteration:

S2.31 2016-12-17

The only issue I've run into is special characters in the artist or album title as displayed in the pop-up:

Nice work!

You probably know this but when you navigate away from the Dashboard v2 (to, say, the Media Player) and come back, the sorting options revert to the default settings (by Artist, I believe).

I really like the option to sort by the newest albums added to the collection, by the way.

XMAN

« Reply #1968 on: 21 Dec 2016, 04:02 am »

S2.31 2016-12-17

Nice work!

How did you get that build I added the #beta and didn't get that version.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1969 on: 21 Dec 2016, 03:47 pm »
How did you get that build I added the #beta and didn't get that version.

You'll want to re-read the readme file

Code: [Select]
to enable the version 2 dashboard issue the below command in terminal prompt
php -f /bin/chgsettings.php system dashboard 2
To revert back to the original use this command
php -f /bin/chgsettings.php system dashboard 1
Alternativly using a web browser use the following two url's
http://bryston-bdp-2.local/mpd/chgsettings.php?p=system&v=dashboard&s=2
http://bryston-bdp-2.local/mpd/chgsettings.php?p=system&v=dashboard&s=1

XMAN

« Reply #1970 on: 22 Dec 2016, 05:19 am »

I managed to get the V2 operational but some albums don't show all of the songs and the art is distorted as it used to be on my ipad that attached is from my pc.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1971 on: 22 Dec 2016, 05:43 pm »

I managed to get the V2 operational but some albums don't show all of the songs and the art is distorted as it used to be on my ipad that attached is from my pc.

you may want to try changing the artist tag setting found in media player settings page (the gear in media payer), then rebuild the database.  I'm not sure what you by distorted but you could try rebuilding the cover art using Library Doctor

http://bryston-bdp-2.local/libraryDoctor.php

use "Check Drives and Shares" followed by "remove", found at the bottom

Cheers,
Chris

XMAN

« Reply #1972 on: 22 Dec 2016, 07:18 pm »
you may want to try changing the artist tag setting found in media player settings page (the gear in media payer), then rebuild the database.  I'm not sure what you by distorted but you could try rebuilding the cover art using Library Doctor

http://bryston-bdp-2.local/libraryDoctor.php

use "Check Drives and Shares" followed by "remove", found at the bottom

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris no luck with the library DR but i couldn't find the artist tag setting you refer to also the distortion i refer to i had in another app see the attached the cover art gets "black splotches" especially on white colors i thought it was my ipad memory but it appears to be a problem with mm maybe the image size?  Still not showing all of the songs on only some albums see the attached.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1973 on: 22 Dec 2016, 08:32 pm »
the setting is the very first one listed, its a drop down menu that allows you to chose between using the artist and albumartist tag.

Cheers,
Chris

XMAN

« Reply #1974 on: 22 Dec 2016, 10:30 pm »
the setting is the very first one listed, its a drop down menu that allows you to chose between using the artist and albumartist tag.

Cheers,
Chris

Got it didn't realize I had to go to the old dashboard but that cleaned it up nicely and alll song are there now.  i reallly like it just needs more sorting options for me the path option is nice.
Update: still having trouble with multiple artist albums only showing first song

Cheers X

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1975 on: 23 Dec 2016, 01:20 am »
Got it didn't realize I had to go to the old dashboard but that cleaned it up nicely and alll song are there now.  i reallly like it just needs more sorting options for me the path option is nice.
Update: still having trouble with multiple artist albums only showing first song

Cheers X

After running the library doctor were your cover art images missing?  You may also need to clear your browsers cache.

XMAN

« Reply #1976 on: 23 Dec 2016, 02:17 am »
After running the library doctor were your cover art images missing?  You may also need to clear your browsers cache.

The cover art looks good now just the missing songs with multiple artist albums.  I guess i will have to adjust my meta data on these albums.   

XMAN

« Reply #1977 on: 24 Dec 2016, 07:57 pm »
I fixed most of my one song album problems by make all of the songs have the same artist which isn't  ideal but on DSD albums my perfect tunes program from DB power amp will doesn't let me edit so no luck.  I guess what is needed is a album view to avoid this problem. 

EJS73

« Reply #1978 on: 2 Jan 2017, 11:10 pm »
It's been a while since I last checked here - has there been any follow-up on enabling wifi on the BDP-2? It's a feature I would really like to see, not to stream music (as all my music is on local drives) but to use the web-interface without the additional clutter of an ethernet cable.

Cheers,
Erik

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1979 on: 3 Jan 2017, 01:11 am »
It's been a while since I last checked here - has there been any follow-up on enabling wifi on the BDP-2? It's a feature I would really like to see, not to stream music (as all my music is on local drives) but to use the web-interface without the additional clutter of an ethernet cable.

Cheers,
Erik

Hi Erik

No plans yet as we find it adds too much noise to the BDP.

james