Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #520 on: 31 May 2014, 05:18 am »
Chris,

Using the filename over tag data option still won't solve the issue of long filenames not being shown from the relevant parts of it.... and, it doesn't affect the display in the playlist. This results in 2 different ways of the tracks being displayed.

Also, ive noticed that hovering the playlist only shows the first bit of the filename, not the full file name like before (cant screen it, because of the mouse pointer obviously )

Marius

Thats an over sight that should be addressed in the near future, i hadn't noticed it till about a week ago and have been kept busy with other things; it is on the todo list.

Cheers,
Chris

EJS73

« Reply #521 on: 31 May 2014, 07:30 am »
You'll need to ref lash using a computer and card reader, really the only beta about the beta right now is upgrading from loony loon to manic moose.  The upgrade doesn't always properly resize the internal storage, so far this seems to be a hardware configuration issue rather then a software one as it only seems to effect some BDP-1' (not all BDP-1's).

Cheers,
Chris

Well after a night's playing I don't see any reason for going back to LL  :icon_lol:. Very impressive upgrade, well done Bryston.

Couple of minor glitches (no doubt these are known, but just in case):
- On safari, switching first to media player and then to TV screen mode makes the TV screen buttons ('full screen' and 'dashboard') unresponsive. The screen can also appear slightly skewed to the left. Doesn't seem to happen in Firefox;
- All my AIFF files are listed as 44k1, regardless of their actual sampling rate; MPOD for example provides the correct values;
- My 'title' tags usually begin with the '01:23'format, denoting disc 1 track 23. The Bryston interface only lists '01' as the track name, and doesn't read anything after the ':'. (On the front panel, the track name shows correctly).

Cheers,

EJ

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #522 on: 31 May 2014, 10:50 am »
Well after a night's playing I don't see any reason for going back to LL  :icon_lol:. Very impressive upgrade, well done Bryston.

- On safari, switching first to media player and then to TV screen mode makes the TV screen buttons ('full screen' and 'dashboard') unresponsive. The screen can also appear slightly skewed to the left. Doesn't seem to happen in Firefox;
- All my AIFF files are listed as 44k1, regardless of their actual sampling rate; MPOD for example provides the correct values;
- My 'title' tags usually begin with the '01:23'format, denoting disc 1 track 23. The Bryston interface only lists '01' as the track name, and doesn't read anything after the ':'. (On the front panel, the track name shows correctly).

Cheers,

EJ

Hi EJ

Thanks for the report.  Notice any difference in sound quality?

james

RonCH

« Reply #523 on: 31 May 2014, 12:51 pm »
Hi EJ

james

I upgraded my BDP1 last night and I didn't notice any difference in sound quality.  Is there an improvement?

RonCH

« Reply #524 on: 31 May 2014, 01:06 pm »
Hi Chris,

With MM can you allow us to set the airplay device name in Shairplay.  Does the Advanced button not work? 

Regards
Ron 

EJS73

« Reply #525 on: 31 May 2014, 07:02 pm »
Hi EJ

james

James, I don't think I hear a difference but I haven't really sat down to listen critically yet.

EJ

bk12

« Reply #526 on: 31 May 2014, 07:02 pm »
Hi Chris-can you please look into the functionality of the Squeezeslave?  I had been using it successfully as a browser, and to stream internet radio, but it seems to not be working over the last 3 or so firmware updates.  Have you been having issues with this reported?

drummermitchell

« Reply #527 on: 1 Jun 2014, 01:55 am »
I'm sure this will be fixed but I can make a playlist of 15 tracks(NO More),and when I go more than that it won't  show on the screen even though there is room.
It will play those tracks that I transferred to the playlist but you can't see them.
Another nitpik,if say I'm playing a track from that play list and click to go to another song on that playlist(NOTHING HAPPENS).
I know things are been worked out but these seem to be  very a basic feature.
The older program did all that,very basic and did what you wanted.
SIMPLE IS GOOD,I do like the delete feature,but it would be nice and simple if you could stop a track and go to another on that list you chose,or click the track you want instead of it doing nothing or freezing up.
Sometime you think its better not to buy  UNTIL all the bugs are fixed.
Pretty hard to enjoy the music with all these little piss offs :shake:.

I do have the latest firmware as of yesterday if that matters.
I'm DONE.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #528 on: 1 Jun 2014, 03:36 am »
I'm sure this will be fixed but I can make a playlist of 15 tracks(NO More),and when I go more than that it won't  show on the screen even though there is room.
It will play those tracks that I transferred to the playlist but you can't see them.
Another nitpik,if say I'm playing a track from that play list and click to go to another song on that playlist(NOTHING HAPPENS).
I know things are been worked out but these seem to be  very a basic feature.
The older program did all that,very basic and did what you wanted.
SIMPLE IS GOOD,I do like the delete feature,but it would be nice and simple if you could stop a track and go to another on that list you chose,or click the track you want instead of it doing nothing or freezing up.
Sometime you think its better not to buy  UNTIL all the bugs are fixed.
Pretty hard to enjoy the music with all these little piss offs :shake:.

I do have the latest firmware as of yesterday if that matters.
I'm DONE.

Hi

There must be something up with your setup as I do not experience any of the above. :scratch:

Heres a playlist with 48 songs

james

Heres one with over 200

lycia

« Reply #529 on: 1 Jun 2014, 05:56 am »
Hi

There must be something up with your setup as I do not experience any of the above. :scratch:

Heres a playlist with 48 songs

james

Heres one with over 200

MM seems to have a limit of 300.

lycia

« Reply #530 on: 1 Jun 2014, 07:31 am »
After installing Manic Moose everything appears to be OK. However I have noticed that each time the BDP-2 is turned on the panel now shows the normal routine until the initialization is completed but it then displays “Installing MPD 0.17.5” for about 15 seconds before moving on to the usual updating process. Everything else appears to be normal.

When looking at the Network in my PC the Bryston-BDP-2 now shows a “root” folder in addition to the attached drives.

Are these variances something that I should be concerned about?

Ritchief

« Reply #531 on: 1 Jun 2014, 10:17 am »
Hi,

I am currently using MM with the latest firmware

Please can someone explain to me how I create / edit etc a playlist using this firmware...

Thank you in advance.

Rich.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #532 on: 1 Jun 2014, 10:19 am »
After installing Manic Moose everything appears to be OK. However I have noticed that each time the BDP-2 is turned on the panel now shows the normal routine until the initialization is completed but it then displays “Installing MPD 0.17.5” for about 15 seconds before moving on to the usual updating process. Everything else appears to be normal.

When looking at the Network in my PC the Bryston-BDP-2 now shows a “root” folder in addition to the attached drives.

Are these variances something that I should be concerned about?

Hi

Yes the Installing MPD is normal.  Not sure on he 'root' part - will let Chris answer that one.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #533 on: 1 Jun 2014, 10:20 am »

MM seems to have a limit of 300.

Yes you can change that limit depending on the processing power of your computer interface.

james

lycia

« Reply #534 on: 1 Jun 2014, 10:36 am »
Thank you , James.

On going into 'Settings - MPD' I find that there is a choice on the drop-down panel - 17.5 or 18.6. I can't consult the Manual so can you advise if there is an advantage in changing to 18.6?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #535 on: 1 Jun 2014, 10:54 am »
Thank you , James.

On going into 'Settings - MPD' I find that there is a choice on the drop-down panel - 17.5 or 18.6. I can't consult the Manual so can you advise if there is an advantage in changing to 18.6?

I am using 18 but Chris tells me there is very little difference between the two.  We just want our customers to be aware that as new MPD options become available we will offer them to try.

james

lycia

« Reply #536 on: 1 Jun 2014, 11:52 am »
I am using 18 but Chris tells me there is very little difference between the two.  We just want our customers to be aware that as new MPD options become available we will offer them to try.

james

Thanks. I will have a look at 18.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #537 on: 3 Jun 2014, 01:43 am »

Cheers,

EJ

I havn't noticed that behaviour with the tv mode, I'll have to investigate further.  Misreported sample rates are due to the mpeg libraries not being compiled against the new kernel and will be fixed in what will be the equivalent of manic moose service pack 1.  If you click the info button while a track is playing, do the fields populate correctly?

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #538 on: 3 Jun 2014, 01:45 am »
Hi Chris,

With MM can you allow us to set the airplay device name in Shairplay.  Does the Advanced button not work? 

Regards
Ron

Right now the advance buttons under services do nothing, but eventually they will take you a more advanced configuration page that will allow you to do that.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #539 on: 3 Jun 2014, 01:49 am »
Hi Chris-can you please look into the functionality of the Squeezeslave?  I had been using it successfully as a browser, and to stream internet radio, but it seems to not be working over the last 3 or so firmware updates.  Have you been having issues with this reported?

I have had one other user emailing me that he was unable to get to work again, I'll take a look into to it tomorrow.  In the mean time keep in mind that you should have your playlist in MPD cleared before turning the feature on.  If you turn on service mode and email me the service id I can take a look and see as to why it might not be working.

Cheers
Chris