Any love for the V3s? Owner or Auditioner reports?

sanlanman

Any love for the V3s? Owner or Auditioner reports?
« on: 16 Mar 2008, 03:24 pm »
With all the praise for the Song Towers, the V3s don't seem to get much press here. I am interested in them if I can stretch my budget that far. I have seen the posts on Bahgi's set of V3s but not much else. Or maybe has the order placement been relatively low on them. An inquiring mind wants to know.

PS: The V monster center is a monster; will one of the other center channels match up sonically with the V3s?

Big Red Machine

Re: Any love for the V3s? Owner or Auditioner reports?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2008, 03:57 pm »
Lots of love here!

I really appreciate what the V series does for you w/o going all the way to the HT series in dough.  If all your budget will allow is the ST series then you will be very satisfied.  If you can do more then the V series will make you extremely satisfied.  And the HT series will make you fully satisfied and wanting nothing at that point. 

Since I own both HT3's and V3's I can attest to them being so close it isn't even funny for HT applications.  You still get ribbon tweeters and deep bass.  Most folks are crossing over their fronts in the 50 to 80 hz range so I have never wanted nor needed to have deep-bass-capable fronts running full range.  The V's can go deep but just not as forceful and deep as an HT3.

I added more photos to my HT link of the V3's:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/15578915@N08/sets/72157602923206114/

Considering the finishes you can get and the performance of them, they really are scary good.  I watched the second Elizabeth flick last night and the sound was stunning in TrueHD.  I'm going to use the one scene as a demo piece in 2 weeks on the 29th.

sanlanman

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2008, 06:46 pm »
Bigredmachine

My wife and I and brother and sister in law are driving over to the AKfest on Saturday from the Cleveland area, and staying Saturday Night, (at the Hyatt I think) How far are you from the show. Will you be demo'ing your speakers that evening? Jim has already told me he won't have V3s at the show.

martyo

« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2008, 06:53 pm »
Bigredmachine is in China but will be back Thursday. He is 15 minutes from the show and the V3's are his mains in his hometheatre set-up. Can't answer for him but my guess would be that he would love to demo them for you.

sanlanman

« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2008, 06:55 pm »
Bigredmachine is in China but will be back Thursday. He is 15 minutes from the show and the V3's are his mains in his hometheatre set-up. Can't answer for him but my guess would be that he would love to demo them for you.

And we would love to hear them. Thanks. Hopefully, we can get an invite.

jsalk

« Reply #5 on: 29 Apr 2008, 09:39 pm »

Pete's GTG is at 6:30 on May 3rd.  I'm sure he'd love to have you stop by.  And it isn't that far from AKFest.

- Jim

sanlanman

« Reply #6 on: 29 Apr 2008, 09:54 pm »

Pete's GTG is at 6:30 on May 3rd.  I'm sure he'd love to have you stop by.  And it isn't that far from AKFest.

- Jim

Thanks, I have sent Pete an e mail, so we can try to hook up.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2008, 10:10 pm »
Consider it done. I am off to taiwan this morning and then back to states tomorrow. While flying tomorrow I won't be able to check in

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #8 on: 30 Apr 2008, 01:55 pm »
Hey Big Red, when you get home would you please send me your address so I can do a Mapquest printout as to how to find you Saturday evening.

Regards,

Frank

sanlanman

« Reply #9 on: 5 May 2008, 11:27 pm »
I was fortunate enough to make it to AKfest and to Big Reds house that Saturday evening. I will post more thoughts about what I heard on the Akfest thread. Suffice it to say that Big Reds V3s are impressive as are his home theater and an 2 channel music rooms. He and his wife were gracoius enough to host an open haouse for a bunch of the AKfest attendees including Jim Salk, his wife, and Frank Van Alstine.  :thumb: