Rythmik 12 Sub - Anyone using with Salk BEATS

artofaudio

Rythmik 12 Sub - Anyone using with Salk BEATS
« on: 1 Mar 2022, 03:22 pm »
If you are using a Rythmik 12 Sub with your BEATS or any of Jim’s floorstanders, please share your experiences.  I just ordered one. 

rmdtexas

Re: Rythmik 12 Sub - Anyone using with Salk BEATS
« Reply #1 on: 1 Mar 2022, 09:09 pm »
Hi, I have been using a single L12 (sealed) sub for a couple of years now. It replaced a REL t7 (original not the t7i).

It provides plenty of support for my BeATs, but  have been thinking of adding another one or two to help smooth out the room nodes. Otherwise, I am very happy with the sound.

To me the L12 has less overhang than the REL while still going much deeper. The reduction in overhang is probably due to the sealed nature as well as the servo controlled driver.   I run the  BeATs full range and use the L12 crossover at around 55hz with the low music base extension mode.

System: 
PS Audio M700s
Schitt Freya+
PS Audio SGCD (as DAC Only)
Sonore MicroRendu streamer
Roon on Dell XPS PC is primary source for ripped CDs and QoBuzz
Oppo 203 for SACD/DVD-audio. 

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2022, 02:54 am »
If you are using a Rythmik 12 Sub with your BEATS or any of Jim’s floorstanders, please share your experiences.  I just ordered one.

You will like the Rythmik.  My son bought the F12se and it sounds great.  It goes deep and integrates well.  It has nice tight, musical bass.  My only gripe is that I would like more of that thump in your chest.  Something like the SVS pro 3000 will hit harder.

artofaudio

« Reply #3 on: 3 Mar 2022, 12:29 am »
Thanks for chiming in.  I look forward to tweaking the various settings to get them to blend correctly. Since I don’t have any close side walls to contend with, I will likely place between the BEATS.  Jim gave me some great advice as usual.

Per Jim,

The easiest way to determine where to place a sub is to set it up at the listening position.  Use your receiver to send a test tone to the sub and use an SPL meter (available on Amazon for about $40) on the “C” weighting setting and go around the room measuring volume levels.  You will notice some places in the room show a higher volume level than others.  Any place the shows a higher volume level will be a good place for the subwoofer.  It will then be at its loudest at the listening position.

@ I.Greyhound Fan - Have you tried the Rythmik 12 with your Maggies?  If so, were they fast enough?

@ rmdtexas - Why did you crossover so high at 55 Hz?  How did it sound at 45 and below?

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #4 on: 3 Mar 2022, 03:08 am »
I have not tried the F12se with my Maggies but it has tighter and more musical bass than my 2 Martin Logan Original Dynamo subs.
It integrates well and seamlessly with my son's Wharfedale Evo 4.4's.  His is placed between the speakers. 

I think that you are worrying about nothing.  The F12 is an excellent sub.  It is sealed and has a great servo mechanism.  It will keep up with most if not all speakers.

rmdtexas

« Reply #5 on: 3 Mar 2022, 04:44 am »
@artofaudio
Trial and error. Probably due to the room I found that I preferred the higher crossover point on majority of recordings. I used jazz bass and piano recordings over several weeks of listening to dial it in. 

Ace Deprave

« Reply #6 on: 11 Mar 2022, 04:16 pm »
I have dual F12 SEs with my Veracity STs and they sound great.

artofaudio

« Reply #7 on: 11 Mar 2022, 08:06 pm »
WOW!  That looks amazing!

Ace Deprave

« Reply #8 on: 11 Mar 2022, 08:18 pm »
WOW!  That looks amazing!

Thanks! Didn't mean to post a photo the size of Texas, though.

I actually don't have this dedicated room anymore, but still have all of the equipment...just haven't taken good photos in the new house yet.

Scott586

« Reply #9 on: 12 Mar 2022, 10:26 pm »
I have dual F12 SEs with my Veracity STs and they sound great.

Wow is right!  That's a gorgeous & clean looking setup.  Something I aspire to.   Thanks for sharing!