Biker Scum 2018 is here!!!

stlrman

Re: Biker Scum 2018 is here!!!
« Reply #20 on: 15 May 2018, 11:50 am »
Glad your healing so well Tabrink!!
I rode for seven years in Pittsburgh. I have a young daughter now (11) , and have not ridden in 15 years. I had about 7 bikes , from LOUD 750 Katana, Yamaha 920 black , cb 650 custom to ending with a Ducati Monster. Man I miss it. I used to ride in 10 degree weather all winter long here .
I want a used Harley now. I test drove a sport bike and my neck hurt for a couple of days.  Time for a cruiser .
I am not sure how I feel about riding in the age of distracted drivers. I am hesitant to ride with a young child who depends on me.  I have been combing CL for two years. Almost bought a nice Virago for stupid cheap two years ago. I joined a motorcycle forum a couple of years ago. I have not visited for a year.
I am like a diabetic who is infatuated with chocolate. If that analogy makes sense.

mgalusha

« Reply #21 on: 21 Jun 2018, 04:35 pm »
A new/old machine followed me home last Saturday. I fell in love with the Valkyrie 20 years ago when I saw one in someones garage. I've looked at them on and off over the last couple years but never found one that really called to me, until last week. 1997 standard model with a boat load of chrome and a some custom bits and in exceptional condition for a 21 year old bike. Totally amazed at how well it handles for a ginormous machine, lots of smiles so far. :)

Nick77

« Reply #22 on: 21 Jun 2018, 07:49 pm »
That a fine looking piece of history there Mike, congrats!  :thumb: :thumb:

stlrman

« Reply #23 on: 21 Jun 2018, 08:01 pm »
That is a mean beast!! So burly looking. Is that a V8 hemi? Lol.. omg !!! :thumb:

mcgsxr

« Reply #24 on: 21 Jun 2018, 09:31 pm »
1600cc V6?

Quite the ride.  Never rode one of those, but power cruisers are interesting. 

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #25 on: 21 Jun 2018, 11:04 pm »
So have you balanced a nickle ( or some piece of change) on the valve cover after you have started it?

I think this is the only bike that you can do this on. 

Alan

Doublej

« Reply #26 on: 21 Jun 2018, 11:12 pm »
:popcorn:
Oh man I love this thread and I want them all.  :green:
Two years since my near life ending accident and this Humpty Dumpty is getting it back together again!
The ole pelvis and hip will not allow me to  ride anymore but vicariously through you guys I can almost feel the front end lifting.
So I just choose to "celebrate" the retirement of a near 40 year fun ride/race motorcycling career looking at all of your exotic steeds.  :thumb:

Don't give up riding. Get a Can Am Spyder or Polaris Slingshot and motor on!!!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #27 on: 24 Jun 2018, 08:20 pm »
2018 Triumph Rally, Oley PA
Big black weird looking monster Tiger would be mine.  Need to get the Corbin seat cut down an inch in both height and width.  They must have made it for an NBA player.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 24 Jun 2018, 08:22 pm »

twitch54

« Reply #29 on: 24 Jun 2018, 09:43 pm »
A new/old machine followed me home last Saturday. I fell in love with the Valkyrie 20 years ago when I saw one in someones garage. I've looked at them on and off over the last couple years but never found one that really called to me, until last week. 1997 standard model with a boat load of chrome and a some custom bits and in exceptional condition for a 21 year old bike. Totally amazed at how well it handles for a ginormous machine, lots of smiles so far. :)

Love the 'Val' , Congrats !

mgalusha

« Reply #30 on: 25 Jun 2018, 08:50 pm »
1600cc V6?

It's a 1500cc flat six, the air filters are clamped to the diaphragm covers on the carbs, gives it a V shape. They are decorative and were on the bike, I thought about removing them but I've decided I like the look. :)

TomS

« Reply #31 on: 25 Jun 2018, 08:56 pm »
It's a 1500cc flat six, the air filters are clamped to the diaphragm covers on the carbs, gives it a V shape. They are decorative and were on the bike, I thought about removing them but I've decided I like the look. :)
What are these "carb" things of which you speak? Oh my, 6 of them to keep tweaked, sounds like fun  8)

mgalusha

« Reply #32 on: 25 Jun 2018, 09:05 pm »
2018 Triumph Rally, Oley PA
Big black weird looking monster Tiger would be mine.  Need to get the Corbin seat cut down an inch in both height and width.  They must have made it for an NBA player.

Love all the old Triumphs!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #33 on: 20 Oct 2018, 09:50 pm »
And as Biker Scum 2018 winds down an early birthday present to me shows up, a 2003 Triumph 955 Sprint ST in Aston Green.
It's a fine metallic and in the shade it actually leans towards purple.  13,000 miles, beautiful shape.

The garage is full and I am a happy man.

mgalusha

« Reply #34 on: 20 Oct 2018, 11:41 pm »
Gorgeous!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #35 on: 21 Oct 2018, 09:32 am »
Thank you.
The wife hasn't seen it yet, she's going to flip (in a good way).

mgalusha

« Reply #36 on: 22 Oct 2018, 03:37 pm »
That is a good thing. :)

I have put down a deposit for the Indian FTR 1200, supposed to be available in Q2, that will have to be biker scum 2019. :)

Thank you.
The wife hasn't seen it yet, she's going to flip (in a good way).

mcgsxr

« Reply #37 on: 22 Oct 2018, 04:34 pm »
That FTR would have been the stuff of my dreams 20 years ago.

I used to strip down sport bikes and loved supermotards.  A bike based on flat trackers is a great idea in my books!

Love the simplified gauge cluster - and that headlight is out of this world!

That bike is dying for someone to cut off the antlers and install a bar end mirror!

mgalusha

« Reply #38 on: 22 Oct 2018, 04:54 pm »
There is no question, I'm way older than the target market but I've been in lust since I saw the concept photos in July.

Along with the antlers, the exhaust is the biggest change from the concept bike and of course the aftermarket will address that. S&S has photos of their version, though of course who really knows since it's perhaps 6 months from production. Still, it looks the part. :) And yes, bar end mirrors would be a must. I love the ones Triumph uses on the Bobber.

That FTR would have been the stuff of my dreams 20 years ago.

I used to strip down sport bikes and loved supermotards.  A bike based on flat trackers is a great idea in my books!

Love the simplified gauge cluster - and that headlight is out of this world!

That bike is dying for someone to cut off the antlers and install a bar end mirror!

mcgsxr

« Reply #39 on: 22 Oct 2018, 07:03 pm »
Love the sprinkling of Ohlins on that photo.

I immediately thought of the old 70's Harley flat track inspired bikes with the Supertrapp exhaust, so would totally agree on that modification when available.