Protractor for WTRP

Creed

Protractor for WTRP
« on: 30 May 2020, 04:51 pm »
Hi I just bought a WTRP last night and have never set up a WT before. I have my Linn protractor for my 9 inch Ittok arm but  I'm sure these arms are not exact length even though there both 9 inch. Can someone tell me which protractor works best and if anyone has access or can email me one or one to download of vinyl engine. How hard is initial set up or any good you tube videos to help me learn, thanks Paul

jsawyer09

Re: Protractor for WTRP
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2020, 08:00 pm »
Good afternoon.
I have a protractor pdf that I have sent to other members and it works like a charm. You'll need to output it at 100% when printing, cut it and use it accordingly. PM me with your email and I'll send you the pdf.

-Jason

jsawyer09

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2020, 09:21 pm »
Hi all.
I have received many requests for this via email, so I thought I'd try to just share it here on the forum. Uncertain if it will work in this format, but perhaps if it is printed at 100% it would work. Otherwise, those needing it feel free to PM me and I'll happily forward it along. Cheers!

jsawyer09

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jun 2020, 09:22 pm »
Hi all.
I have received many requests for this via email, so I thought I'd try to just share it here on the forum. Uncertain if it will work in this format, but perhaps if it is printed at 100% it would work. Otherwise, those needing it feel free to PM me and I'll happily forward it along. Cheers!

Looks like it likely won't as I see it now. Offer still stands.

Hikmer

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jun 2020, 04:40 pm »
I have owned a Well Tempered Classic Arm for many years, this is the protractor I use.  It will allow you to calibrate to three different alignment types.  The out of the box alignment tool isn't very good and the expensive pivot point tools don't work well with the Well Tempered due to the way the arm is engineered.  $60 isn't a bad deal.

http://www.accutrak.us/well-tempered-md-92.html

EkW

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2020, 09:32 pm »
I bought an Accutrac. I like the arc on it. The Well Tempered seems to se the Stevenson alignment. Found that my alignment was way off. I may have accidentally rotated the arm a bit.