MEET KISMET BEHIND THE SCENES!!

AlexG

• Industry Participant
MEET KISMET BEHIND THE SCENES!!
« on: 9 Oct 2008, 08:01 pm »
This posting is in honor to our good friend Rusty (Mr. CNC Master Craftsman) for whom his long hours and total dedication to excellence this past week, made KISMET possible for prime time at RMAF. :thumb:

This first picture shows Rusty at one of the CNC machines holding the first KISMET raw block chassis.

The next picture shows Rusty, Klaus and myself after long hours…

The next picture shows Klaus (overnight hours!) and myself looking at the first KISMET phono preamp raw chassis.

The next picture shoes the KISMET phono raw block chassis from the back.

Next picture, some KISMET amp raw block pieces…take a look at the new KISMET AMPS  heat sinks.

The next picture shows Klaus brushing KISMET pillars.

The next picture shows the new KISMET line oval glass logo.

And the final picture shows the final product…this is the new KISMET Phono Preamp introduced tomorrow at RMAF. Also this picture will be in the new flyer. The KISMET amps have the same new look and are deeper in size of course, and with the new heat sinks sides.  :drool:  :drool:

We will have more pictures after the show as in true honesty we run out of time!

Best regards,

Alex

mcullinan

Re: MEET KISMET BEHIND THE SCENES!!
« Reply #1 on: 9 Oct 2008, 08:13 pm »
Rusty looks pissed! What are you feeding that guy and does he bite! hehe.
Mike

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #2 on: 9 Oct 2008, 09:00 pm »
Alex
Looks awesome.  thanks for the pics of the new phonostage!  Looking forward to the amps and your linestage :drool: down the road.

Keep up the tremendous work, it is greatly appreciated.
Mark

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 9 Oct 2008, 10:47 pm »
Awesome looking stuff guys - congrats :thumb:

Now if anybody wants to know what "hand built" really means, you've got the goods!

Tom

Haoleb

« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2008, 12:37 am »
Holy smokes, those chassis look pretty substantial!  Are the pillars solid as well? They look it. Do you know if Klaus has any plans to perhaps use the new Kismet amplifiier boards in a lesser chassis for people not looking to spend quite as much money, Kind of like a Khartago version? I would love to own a kismet as I find things so elegantly machined like that well worth the money due to being such quality but I can only imagine that such a chassis adds a substantial amount of money to the price tag.

BikeWNC

« Reply #5 on: 10 Oct 2008, 01:47 am »
Klaus needs to wear safety glasses when working in the shop.   :duh:

lazydays

« Reply #6 on: 10 Oct 2008, 04:19 am »

I caught that instantly! Steel is a bad thing to get in your eyes, but aluminium is ten times worse.
gary

dangerbird

« Reply #7 on: 10 Oct 2008, 09:16 am »
Thanks for the pic's,, really gave me an insight into the meaning of "hand built",,as I had imagined a small assembly line with a few people turning out amps and the like. Are all the odyssey products given this sort of attention/detail? I think that I'll look at mine in a different way from now on.Thanks for posting,,kinda gives me a whole new perspective.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #8 on: 10 Oct 2008, 07:47 pm »

Thanks Alex, thank you very much, this pictures set calms a little my hungry for mor KISMET information.

Looks incredible.

I will have to borrow those pics.

I will create a link to this thread in the ready but "impossible" to upload new web site. Those AIT &%^%$^$ really can turn nuts anyone.

One thing I really like about what I see is that, it is my conviction that whenever possible, it is a big plus to manufacture in the same place where you design/work, so:

martinr

« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2008, 02:06 am »
Thanks for the Pics Eduardo!

Its nice to see some of the behind the scenes magic....(hard work) that goes into these great products.  (Let Klaus know that the temperatures (no humidity)  inside a workshop like this in the Denver area would be much more pleasant  :wink:)
- Martin

martinr

« Reply #10 on: 15 Oct 2008, 02:07 am »
Alex - sorry!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #11 on: 15 Oct 2008, 03:44 am »

I caught that instantly! Steel is a bad thing to get in your eyes, but aluminium is ten times worse.
gary

I caught it instantly, too.  :thumb:  However, he's just setting that piece in the chuck. The 'OSHA Approved Squint' is clearly in use.  :lol:
Beautiful work Guys,

Jerry

lazydays

« Reply #12 on: 15 Oct 2008, 05:13 am »

gary

I caught it instantly, too.  :thumb:  However, he's just setting that piece in the chuck. The 'OSHA Approved Squint' is clearly in use.  :lol:
Beautiful work Guys,

Jerry

better take another good look, as he's polishing the O.D. of the aluminium bar in the lathe. You only get one set of eyeballs in life, but suspect the picture was just posed as the chuck dosn't look to be turning.
   I wonder is those amps and the other associated pieces will be available in a black anodized finish?
gary

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 15 Oct 2008, 05:24 pm »
Alex - sorry!

Martin,

No problem...I consider Eduardo part of the Odyssey family.  :thumb:

Cheers,

Alex
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2008, 09:58 pm by AlexG »