For something completely different...my beautiful, old old baby

Lkdog

Hey Klaus-

Sorry to hear of your loss. Dogs are better than most humans and it sounds like you had a great one.

--Tony

klaus@odyssey

Thank you everybody...thanks so much.

Yes,  I knew it was coming but still hit us like a ton of bricks....and yes,  she's been absurdly spoiled since I rescued her from an abusive neighbor as a puppy....all of us who lost our pet loves know what this means,  losing part of our heart.  Powder already has enough of the overkill of affection he receives now,  hehehee.

BUT...my post was meant as a celebration of life in the first place,  and I'd love for you guys to keep this thread alive...keep posting pics and stories...and yup, Tony,  you are absolutely right....

Again,  thanks for your posts, emails and phone calls...it means a lot.

AlexG

• Industry Participant
I know first hand how much Prec meant for them as I interacted very close. For some reason he liked to bark at me every time! I think it was his way to give me love... Wendy and I are very sorry for your loss!! I have no doubt that something else is in the horizon... We are also somehow preparing as our Sophie will turn 11 soon and she is a big 91 pounder.

Hang in there partner...

Best,
Alex

DeeCee

Sorry to hear of your loss. Here is my constant companion Champ...

(The black eye is a hint from where his name comes from...)

Russell Dawkins

What an expressive face Champ has. It must be hard not to spoil him.

DeeCee

What an expressive face Champ has. It must be hard not to spoil him.
Well, only when he's not stealing hamburgers from wifey...  :lol:

klaus@odyssey

Sweeeeeet...I love black and white dogs...see Powder,  and Champ is cool....

BTW,  there seems to be one fortunate side effect of the Corona stay at home situation:    our neighbors black Lab also passed away 2 months ago,  and they're trying to get a new baby from either a Lab rescue or a shelter,  and this is completely impossible right now...people are adopting puppies and adult dogs like crazy right now.....wonderful.

DeeCee

Coincidentally, my neighbor’s lab mix is extremely ill and may not be with us soon... so sad, Haley always looked forward to coming over for a cheese treat.

On a more upbeat note I have another pic of Champ when he was a puppy (my favorite pic.) I actually got Champ for my wife for her birthday 5 years ago.

I tried to call you yesterday, but your phonemail was full! I did leave an email.

Will try calling you again.

DeeCee
« Last Edit: 19 May 2020, 02:46 pm by DeeCee »

Big Hendy

Klaus, I didn’t know you were partial to black and white dogs.  Here’s our young baby Luna and her old man brother Bandit.

pehare

Love seeing all these great companions....we had our guts & heart ripped out & fed to us a week before Christmas & we haven't been the same since.  never been without a dog for the last 35 yrs for more than 2 weeks. 

Lookin forward to the next rescue hound what else ya gonna do?

Loki57

Loki57

Romulus and Remus. One year old

jcsperson

My 85 pound blur of fur. He passed at 13 a few years back. I miss him every day.

klaus@odyssey

Yup...keep the memories alive.....as for John's (Loki) babies....I have more pics of the 2,  and man oh man,  did they bond to each other.....and yes,  missing Prec terribly....

I.Greyhound Fan

Error, pics upside down

Why do my pictures upload upside down?

amartincool

I am sorry Klaus. Always is a big loss.

brad1138

• Don't forget to dance.... Don't forget to smile.
Very Sorry for your loss Klaus. 20 years is quite something. (I only just noticed this thread)

Daisy and Luke, both about 2 yrs old.

Zuman

Please accept me as a guest on your Odyssey forum...this thread has drawn me in for reasons you all clearly understand.
This is my daughter with our beloved Riley - during the first week we had him as part of our family, through his magnificent prime, and on his last day, sixteen years later. He was half-Weimaraner, half-chocolate lab, and the best of both.

JCarney

Lost my friend of 12 or so years last year.

JCarney

PDR

• May the best man win

I live rural on a large acreage, together with my wife we raise show horses, cats, dogs
and kids for almost 25 years now.

The kids are gone, have lives of their own now, but my faithful companion of 15 years
is still with me (the jack russell).

I can honestly say that in my 60 years no other animal has impacted me more than he.
I was a small dog denier until him.....I find myself thinking about him not always being with us.....
I am not looking forward to saying good-bye.....hopefully he will bless us with a few more years.