« Reply #260 on: 23 Jul 2019, 03:19 am »
$2400 plus shipping for drivers and crossovers

$525 plus shipping for cabinets

They make me very happy!  :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Captainhemo

Re: Super 7 Flat Packs.....
« Reply #261 on: 23 Jul 2019, 04:40 am »
we have the   s7 monitors in stock but price is  $550 + shipping
I'm sure  Rob   and a couple others will verify  they are  very  easy to assemble and  don packs them up  so that they are basically  bomb proof... they'll arive  safe  and  sound  !
We can send   out  asembled  cabinets  as well  but   shipping  costs increase  due to  box  sizes.

jay
« Last Edit: 3 Aug 2019, 08:09 pm by Captainhemo »

Captainhemo

« Reply #262 on: 23 Jul 2019, 04:43 am »
I envy you guys who have the skill to do such fine work. If I was going to spend 20K or more on speakers I'm 100% confident I could buy these without hearing them and just be done with it once and for all.   :thumb:

If you  are  ever  serious about  a pair  John  let me know,  sure we   can do you a fully  built  pair for signifigantly  less

jay

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #263 on: 23 Jul 2019, 12:31 pm »
I stand corrected.  Still a great price for what you get!   :thumb:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #264 on: 23 Jul 2019, 06:32 pm »
If you  are  ever  serious about  a pair  John  let me know,  sure we   can do you a fully  built  pair for signifigantly  less

That would be awesome, especially if they are finished at that level.  :D

Unfortunately my Tinnitus has escalated to an almost intolerable level. Over the past six weeks or so I haven’t been able to sit down and enjoy music - at any volume. Desperate for some relief.

Captainhemo

« Reply #265 on: 1 Aug 2019, 06:53 pm »
Hey  folks
 With these  new  full S7   kits you  can follow  this   wiring info I grabbed  from   a post  I did  with  wiring   instructions/diagrams  for   most of the  more  common  configurations.

This is the one  you  want  for these   new  S7's

DUALS WITH  BOTH WOOFERS FACING FORWARD

Driver Coils
Big red lead from  A370 to lower woofer + driver coil, then from there to upper woofer + driver coil.
Big black lead from amp to  lower  woofer - driver coil, then from there to  upper woofer - driver coil.
Driver coil wiring done.

Servo Coils
Small red wire from amp to  lower  woofer + servo coil
Run a wire from the lower woofer - servo coil  to the upper woofer + servo coil
Finally, run the  small black wire from the amp to the upper  woofer - servo coil.
Servo coils  done.

mkane

« Reply #266 on: 3 Aug 2019, 05:39 pm »
 We have the Subparts covered. Is there a price for the hardware top half only?

mkane

« Reply #267 on: 3 Aug 2019, 05:58 pm »
 Can I buy Super 7 uppers? That would mean we could rotate 3 different types.

Captainhemo

« Reply #268 on: 3 Aug 2019, 08:03 pm »
Yes,  we have the  S7  monitors in stock.

jay

mkane

« Reply #269 on: 3 Aug 2019, 08:29 pm »
PM headed in towards you. thx

Captainhemo

« Reply #270 on: 4 Aug 2019, 03:48 pm »
captaihemo at  shaw.ca 

jay

mkane

« Reply #271 on: 5 Aug 2019, 02:24 am »
thank you

mkane

« Reply #272 on: 28 Aug 2019, 02:40 am »
S7 moniters are here. Time to get moving.

kheidenr

« Reply #273 on: 6 Oct 2019, 04:51 pm »
Jay,

So what do you hear as the differences between the NX-Oticas and the Super 7?  And If I went the Super 7 monitor and OB Sub platform route how do you think that differs in sound from the Super 7?

Thanks!

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #274 on: 6 Oct 2019, 05:20 pm »
Jay,

So what do you hear as the differences between the NX-Oticas and the Super 7?  And If I went the Super 7 monitor and OB Sub platform route how do you think that differs in sound from the Super 7?

Thanks!

The two versions of Super 7 shouldn’t sound any different but having separate monitors makes for much easier moving.

Captainhemo

« Reply #275 on: 6 Oct 2019, 06:43 pm »
Jay,

Thanks!

There are differences   but  I'm not sure they are as dramatic as people may think.
First off, the Super 7's ( full towers or   monitors) are more dfficient, say  96  vs   approx  92.  The Super 7's , again,  full tower or  sub/monitor combo,  will take up   less real-estate in your room than the  full NX-Otica and  a pair of h-frames.

The Super 7's are defiitely   what I would cal lfaster than the NX-oticas, especially in the mid range  when you  are  listening to stringed instraments. Not knocking the  Otica's here in any way but  man, the Super 7's are   so clean and detailed in this area.   The NX Otica's   I'd say offer up a bit more "body"  or " fullness" in the  vocal department, I love how the  NQ's do  this..  Another thing I reall y liked about the NX-Oticas was the 4 M165/M165X drivers  covering from  say 75hz -180 ish hz  region. They definitely provide a lot of impact and realizm in the upper bass/lower midrange  area that I  don't feel the Super 7's quite match.

With both speakers having the GR Neo 3 mounted in  waveguides and  basically aligned with the voice coils of the midrange  drivers, both sets   integreate mids/highs extremely well. Same tweeter  used in both so  the upper  end is  very similar... the NX-Otica is ina slighlty deeper waveguid and  being slightly less efficient, use a small resistor   to pad down the tweeter while the  S7 tweeter is run wide open.

I was worried  I was going to give up someimaging when I moved to the Super7's (13" wide baffle + 1.25" side wing on either side vs NX Otica 8.5" baffle with .5"  radius on each side)  but I have not found that   to be the case.  In fact,  sometimes  I feel the  S7's  may image a  bit deeper than the Otica's did.  I don't have the Otica's hear any longer so   I can't physically do any a/b  swaps and report on them..... wish I could as it's hard to make comparisons from membery.

With the Otica's and subs (full Oticas), you'll get  a bit more flexability  ith regards to sub placement.  Withthe Super 7's, youi're locked into subplacement  being fully dependent on where you  want the speakers, and that  goes for the monitor version as well as  with the high sub / midrange c/o point, you want to keep  the subs / MTM's completely   on top of each other.  Youi're corssing signifigantly lower with the Oticas so moving the subs and having a bit of space between them and the mains is not  such a big deal.

Don't under estimate   either  set of these speakers, youi're going to be impressed  when listening to either  .  To try and make that  a bit clearer but not likely   help you  choose  would be to say ,  " am I glad  I  now own the Super7's?  " ,  Yes I am, I love them !  But, at the same time " Woiuld I be disappointed if I   had heard the Super7's and  owned the NX-Otica's/dual h-frames ?"     No, not at all    :thumb:

EDIT:   One thing  I forgot to mention   is the transparehncy  of both models.  Both of these  speakers  ( it's actually  a trait of the  GR speakers) just  disappear into the room when you get them dialed in.  Came in for a  glass of  vino after   a day in the shop  and am listening  to some  tunes......   you  can close you esyes and there  are s imply no spekaers in the room, just   music.  And, without  having the  NX Otica's   on hand,  I  can say it   is  a trait they  have  as well,  I remember  it well. 
Promised myself  I was  gonna catch up on  some house  work and cook a  decent  dinner  this eve but .....  now I'm  stuck in here and   probably  going  nowhere  fast   LOL
jay
« Last Edit: 7 Oct 2019, 03:18 am by Captainhemo »

Danny Richie

« Reply #276 on: 7 Oct 2019, 05:10 pm »
Jay really nailed it. That is a very detailed and spot on comparison.

kheidenr

« Reply #277 on: 7 Oct 2019, 07:18 pm »
Thank you Jay for your detailed thoughts.  This is very helpful.

PMAT

« Reply #278 on: 7 Oct 2019, 10:01 pm »
Jay really nailed it. That is a very detailed and spot on comparison.
No, what he really nailed was getting stuck in the music with a glass of wine and great sound. It’s my favorite thing to be late for work for. Well, without the wine anyway.  It’s just so awesome to be lost in the music, the psychological and the physical aspects together.

Captainhemo

« Reply #279 on: 8 Oct 2019, 04:11 pm »
No, what he really nailed was getting stuck in the music with a glass of wine and great sound. It’s my favorite thing to be late for work for. Well, without the wine anyway.  It’s just so awesome to be lost in the music, the psychological and the physical aspects together.

:wink:  :wine:

jay