Alternative bluetooth dongle for IDA-8?

Friedrich

Alternative bluetooth dongle for IDA-8?
« on: 23 Apr 2020, 09:23 pm »
I have a NuPrime IDA-8 amplifier with a malfunctioning optical input. As a temporary workaround, I’m trying to pair an LG tv that has Bluetooth 5.0 with the BTR-8 Bluetooth dongle on the IDA-8; the tv finds the BTR-8 dongle, but can’t pair with it.

My question is this: Is there a Bluetooth dongle other than the BTR-8 that will work with the NuPrime IDA-8? Perhaps one with Bluetooth 5.0, or a pairing mode button, so it would be easier to pair? Thanks!

rustydoglim

Re: Alternative bluetooth dongle for IDA-8?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2020, 01:00 am »
Omnia WR-1 has the best, BT aptX HD (including BT 5.0).  But you ended up with a WiFi streamer too.  It can be plug into the digital port of IDA-8 without using another 5V adapter.
There is a plan to introduce a bluetooth TX and RX with headphone amp, but it will be several months away from shipping.

boisty

« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2020, 03:24 am »
My coax input was malfunctioning.  Nuprime told me to tighten the screw btwn the coax and optical inputs.  Worked like a charm.  Perhaps take a shot with this....

Friedrich

« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2020, 06:43 pm »
Thanks, boisty, I tried tightening that screw a bit, but it didn’t help.

Thanks, rustydogslim. I already have a BlueSound Node 2i, bought before the Omnia became available. So, following your basic idea, I was able to pair the LG tv with the Node 2i, which is connected to the IDA-8 via coax, and voila! I have tv sound that will do until the IDA-8 is replaced or repaired (am working on both).

So thanks!

a2o

« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2021, 10:18 am »
There is a plan to introduce a bluetooth TX and RX with headphone amp, but it will be several months away from shipping.

This sounds very interesting and exactly what I would love to have for my IDA-8, making it 'complete'.  :D
Has this been further developed and made available yet? (I cannot seem to find it online.)

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 17 Aug 2021, 02:47 pm »
Yes, this one shipping end of August.
But it is a receiver only, a very very good one. 

https://nuprimeaudio.com/product/btr-hd/

Lukeb

« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2021, 10:50 am »

@Rusty: will Mini streamer be compatible with Tidal connect feature?
Thanks a lot
L

a2o

« Reply #7 on: 20 Aug 2021, 07:12 am »

Thank you for the info! It seems like a great receiver.
It was actually mainly the emitter-part that I was interested in, allowing for listening via aptX(HD) via headphones.
Would that be possible to do for you to make for the IDA-8 and your other amps? Does the extension port of those amps include also sound output, or only input?
(I haven't a handy way yet for occasional headphone-listening without unplugging the speakers to use a headphone amp or emitter on the pre-out. (I guess there is no way of easily making the (variable) pre-out a (fixed) line-out?)

Lukeb

« Reply #8 on: 6 Sep 2021, 05:53 pm »
@Rusty: will Mini streamer be compatible with Tidal connect feature?
Thanks a lot
L

Up   :)

rustydoglim

« Reply #9 on: 12 Sep 2021, 10:18 pm »
Stream Mini is shipping September 24 from factory.
BTR-HD is shipping this week.