About sta-6 stereo and mono

r91085

About sta-6 stereo and mono
« on: 3 Apr 2019, 08:29 am »
I had two sta-6 and use them in mono mode. But under the mono mode , my dac's volume setting is usually less than 20%.

I tried switching both sta-6 to stereo mode , still keep one sta-6 to one speaker. And under stereo mode , my dac's volume setting can be about 40%.

My question is in my situation , is mono mode still better than stereo mode? Or let dac keep higher volume setting and just use stereo mode is more suitable ?

For now I still use two stereo mode sta-6 each one for one speaker. Could it be better than just use one sta-6 for two speaker? Or it is just waste?

Thanks .

rustydoglim

• Facilitator
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: About sta-6 stereo and mono
« Reply #1 on: 3 Apr 2019, 12:39 pm »
The bridged STA-6 (mono) have higher power for the amp output but it is still using the same power supply as the stereo mode STA-6.  So it is expected that you would need to turn up the volume to achieve the same loudness in stereo mode.
The sound quality and loudness from your speakers will depend on whether the speaker or amp becomes the limiting factor.
In your configuration, looks like you should just trust your ear, whichever setup pleases you.